GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam increase to Freeola email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/10 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
Sorry it's always me...;¬)

Any other Freeola users noticed an increase in SPAM recently?

We've just had a pretty good run of low levels of SPAM, but for the large range of domain/emails I look after I can see a recent increase.

If there's anything Freeola can check/update it would be appreciated.

Am I right in thinking SPAM email samples sent as attachments via Outlook are still no use to you?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 21/03/10 at 09:47
Regular
well hell what am i doing wrong then? am still getting the one with the images attached and a few others from doctors offering all kinds of medication. :-(

Digi
Sun 21/03/10 at 09:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
None again with the last 24 hours,none on my parents account either.Looking really good I reckon :)

Just thought I'd mention it.
Sat 20/03/10 at 09:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Morning Moto,

Just a further update,I've not had one spam email again this morning.Don't wish to tempt fate but it would appear that the situation has improved dramatically.I was previously getting around 20/30 a day.

Looking good :)
Sat 20/03/10 at 07:54
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hmmm... by all means if we can find out what changes were made, if any, I'll let you know.

Bit early to say the issue is resolved, seeing as (sort of stated above) were not certain that any changes have actually been made. Keep an eye on it and continue to let us know please.

:)
Fri 19/03/10 at 22:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
Had none at all this evening :)

Whatever it is that you guys have been doing behind the scenes appears to have nailed the problem.

Thanks very much,it is appreciated.
Fri 19/03/10 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just the one today.....nice one Hmmm and Freeola :-))
Fri 19/03/10 at 18:08
"Are you sure?"
SPAM situation definitively better so far for me today :¬)

Let's hope it lasts.

In the past when I've raised these issues (that many other Freeola customers can see) 'Freeola' have always said - "looks ok to us". So it's been quite refreshing that this time they agreed spam had increased.

Hopefully 'we' can get some feedback that changes were made by Freeola/Enta?

Thanks again.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/03/10 at 12:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We add the oomph from your boot to ours you see? By the time it hits them it's like a nuclear size 12..
Fri 19/03/10 at 11:36
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Just have to keep the boot "stuck in" :D

I thought that was my job ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/03/10 at 11:33
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Oh excellent news. Glad it seems to be getting better.

You're pretty much right Hmmm... they are managed by a 3rd party. Just have to keep the boot "stuck in" :D

If we hear anything officially I'm sure Eccles or myself will let you know (more likely Eccles though :D)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.