GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam increase to Freeola email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/10 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
Sorry it's always me...;¬)

Any other Freeola users noticed an increase in SPAM recently?

We've just had a pretty good run of low levels of SPAM, but for the large range of domain/emails I look after I can see a recent increase.

If there's anything Freeola can check/update it would be appreciated.

Am I right in thinking SPAM email samples sent as attachments via Outlook are still no use to you?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 12/06/10 at 17:23
"Are you sure?"
Anyone else seeing an increase in spam recently?

The emails mostly have .rtf attachments.
The sender/recipient and subject are all muddled garbage.

I'm seeing these for other accounts* (non-Freeola) but again Gmail (which gets a copy of all my Freeola mail) is successfully junking them all. EDIT: *Just realised these were also to Freeola accounts - I had email forwarding in place!

EDIT: I've been sending samples (as attachments) to abuse [at] freeola.com so hopefully they will be able to nail them again! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 29/04/10 at 15:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cheers Butch,will let you guys know if it gets any worse.

I just had a few of the usual manhood enhancement mails over the last couple of days but nothing major.Often wondered if anyone ever buys these things or if they work ! :)

Wasn't having a whinge or anything,just mentioning it as prior to this they had pretty much stopped coming through altogether.
Thu 29/04/10 at 12:57
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
All my Freeola addresses have been clear since our last update on this. Load on the server also seems back to 'normal' which suggest we are not being overrun again.

If you do notice a lot of new messages coming in though, please don't hesitate to yell!
Thu 29/04/10 at 07:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
I'm starting to get these creeping back through again.Don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same ?.Just thought I'd mention it.
Sat 17/04/10 at 18:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> I've had a few sillies through over the last couple of
> days but nothing to worry about at the moment.

Hi Hmmm, have received a few 'sillies' over the last few days on two accounts - others are clear - but as you say nothing to ring the alarm bell about at the moment:-)
Sat 17/04/10 at 17:22
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
> Has anyone noticed the level of SPAM creeping up again.
> Mine's going through the roof.

I've had a few sillies through over the last couple of days but nothing to worry about at the moment.

I monitor email for lots of Freeola domains so can normally see when something's up! Everything still looks good to me :¬)
*hope this isn't the kiss of death!

EDIT: Remember to send (as attachments) your spam samples to Freeola via "abuse [at] freeola.com"
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 17/04/10 at 14:15
Regular
Has anyone noticed the level of SPAM creeping up again.

Mine's going through the roof.

Neil
Thu 01/04/10 at 12:16
"Are you sure?"
Sounds good! I'm glad I raised the post now.

NB. I've just spend 10 minutes trying to post a reply to the 'hosting problem' thread before I realised all my errors were due to it having been deleted!

:¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 31/03/10 at 18:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sorry, missed this one!
Some changes/corrections were made to the way grey listing works, which I believe reduced the levels of spam significantly.
Wed 31/03/10 at 18:12
"Are you sure?"
motomotomd wrote:
> Hmmm... by all means if we can find out what changes were made,
> if any, I'll let you know.
>
> Bit early to say the issue is resolved, seeing as (sort of stated
> above) were not certain that any changes have actually been made.
> Keep an eye on it and continue to let us know please.
>
> :)

Thought I would give this a *bump* ;¬)

The spam situation has remained much improved for me (and my clients).

For the future it would obviously be useful to have some feedback to the above questions.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.