GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3....2......1......RUSH!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/11/03 at 20:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh yes. Getting my N64 back (finally) after a long holiday for it. And you know what.....out of all the games I want to play again, Goldeneye, Mario 64, Body Harvest, JFG and the ones I've forgotten about, I wanna play Rush 2049 the most. I've played through the 6 (yes 6!) racing tracks of this game a million times. I've exhausted the stunt modes, and I've got pretty far in the battle games. And yet I still want to play it more and more. You've probably seen me rant about how a sequal needs to be made, and by god does it indeed!

It's made by Midway, has trashy dance music, looks terrible (well, it didn't back then) has 6 racing tracks (8 battle, 6 Stunt too, great fun), no licensed cars or drivers or anything and quite possibly the worst looking trees ever. And it totally kicks butt in single and multiplayer. Best £30 I randomly spent in GAME ever.

I implore you to get it off E-Bay.

*evangelegism over*
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:07
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> I hope to see a graphical overhaul as well.
>
> I've seen screenshots and the Graphical overhaul is very very
> noticeable indeed. Think 'redesign' as far as some parts of the
> levels go.
>
> Also it appears you can now hold about 3 weapons at a time which will
> change the shooting elements of the multiplayer.
>
> This is no quick conversion, I may even play through the single
> player again.

The only screenshots released from RARE have been multiplayer footage from the LIVE section. The Uncut CBFD has had no released screenshots and is always just a side mention... Which is always a problem. They say it's a port of the classic with extra bits that didn't make it in. I hope they'll really re-vamp the graphics though.
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:06
"I love yo... lamp."
I may be wrong, but I think that Conker was a 512 Mb cartridge, mainly due to the audio. But cartridges cost a lot and to have made the game longer would have meant a sacrifice in audio quality or using 1 Gb carts which would have been ridiculously expensive, possibly making it unviable.
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:05
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
>
> In my eyes CBFD is the greatest game ever... X-box owners cannot
> comprehend what is coming!
>
> Slight possibility that some Xbox owners might just've own an N64 +
> Conker, like me and NB for instance.

Yes but not even I can comprehend what is coming. A better version of the best game ever? It doesn't bare thinking about. For me I have a Gamecube and I'm to get excited over new Zelda's and Starfox's but come the arrival of that game then I'll buy a 'box. You guys on the other hand can get excited over it... but you just won't know how excited you should be.

CBFD was my VERY first GAD claim and now I'm trying to claim my 30th. How times fly.
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:05
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> I hope to see a graphical overhaul as well.

I've seen screenshots and the Graphical overhaul is very very noticeable indeed. Think 'redesign' as far as some parts of the levels go.

Also it appears you can now hold about 3 weapons at a time which will change the shooting elements of the multiplayer.

This is no quick conversion, I may even play through the single player again.
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:02
Regular
"8==="
*owned
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:02
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:

>
> In my eyes CBFD is the greatest game ever... X-box owners cannot
> comprehend what is coming!

Slight possibility that some Xbox owners might just've own an N64 + Conker, like me and NB for instance.
Mon 24/11/03 at 00:01
Regular
Not that I don't like it... just isn't a reason I want an X-box. By the time I do get one, when Conker: Live and uncut is released, I'll want Conker, GBTG, Jet Set Radio and Dead or Alive 3 or 4 depending what is out.

My Dad has a 'box and I can't wait to play some top games. But the only game that will sell me the system is Conker.

As for what Live and Uncut is it is a big multiplayer game that is what it is supposed to be. And I loved the 64 multiplayer.

It also includes the original CBFD with extra levels etc... they never finished. Making the game longer which was the only problem with the original... a tad short. but just a tad.

I hope to see a graphical overhaul as well.

OH what a bloody brilliant game.
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:57
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm not 100% sure of what the difference will be, whether it will just be a remake with online or a new game. Either way, Rare are immensely talented and Conker is a great character, and that coupled with Live should result in a great game.

Don't be so prejudiced against Halo. Most Ninty fans are, but if they buy it and sit down with it for a while they normally enjoy it. Like Tilta for example.
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:53
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> The new one on Xbox should rule.

It's an update of the original with the Live option isn't it?

So surly that will do for you. I'm getting an X-box purly for this game... although Jet Set Radio: Future and Grabbed by the Gholies are other games that attract me.

Yep that's right no Halo in that list.
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:53
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
No way it was good but ive seen better, i have a x box all im looking forward to from rare in perfect dark and kameo maybie bango k

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.