GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another X-Box Live Topic."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/11/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Broadband is finally going to be available in my town next week. I'm interested in possibly going LIVE with my X-Box but I pretty much know nothing about it.

So basically what I want to know is what kind of costs are involved and if there are any other cables/accessories I need to buy.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Mon 08/12/03 at 00:05
Regular
I've ordered it all the wireless router/modem, ethernet card, crossover cables, and laptop thingie magiga. So I'll be able to hook up my PC, laptop and still have room for all those consoles to go online. thanks again biggles. You get a gold star, or a merit if you prefer.
Sun 07/12/03 at 23:12
Regular
"8==="
Oh yeah, I meant I'll probably have to get another X4 modem after the second line and cheap modem arrive.
Sun 07/12/03 at 23:06
"I love yo... lamp."
I thought you just said it was part of the deal, so another one of the cheap rubbishy ones I presume.
Sun 07/12/03 at 23:03
Regular
"8==="
True but what modem will I have to get when the 2nd Xbox goes online? :S
Sun 07/12/03 at 23:01
"I love yo... lamp."
Bummer. Ach your on now anyway.
Sun 07/12/03 at 23:00
Regular
"8==="
Anyway the cheap modem couldn't cut it as far as stand-alone Xbox live gaming was concerned so I bought a better one.
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:59
Regular
"8==="
erm good. But I had to get a modem as part of the deal. It's so cheap I think it was free with the line installation.
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:53
"I love yo... lamp."
But mine is a combined modem and router and firewall and 4 port switch and microfilter as well. All in a box the size of 2 DVD cases on top of each other.
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:51
"Uzi Lover"
Hedfix, go and look at my Godzilla thing in Nintendo.

Thank you.

You dirty.
Sun 07/12/03 at 22:47
Regular
"8==="
If i'd have asked for a 'self install' wireless modem they would have asked another 70 quid.

With the wireless modem + filters being more expensive than the modem I got with the line it balances out that my router cost more instead.

Basically if I'd have got an expensive wireless modem with a cheap wireless router it would have cost me about as much as a non-wireless cheaper modem setup which needs a more expensive router.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.