GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N5 Confirmed to be backwards compatabile!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/12/03 at 15:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"In an interview with Famitsu, the head of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has stated the N5 will have backwards compatibility.
"It will be able to use the games already created in the previous generation. And it is something that will work. Side performances and graphics, one reached today a kind of limit with a quality which is already close to realism and it will be difficult to still much better do. The role of Nintendo is thus to study other ways in order to improve the experience of the player." - Cube-Europe.

A great move by Nintendo in my opinion, people who sell their Cube's to raise the cash for the N5 will still be able to play their old games, and those new to Nintendo can play older games without having to buy a Cube as well.
Fri 26/12/03 at 14:51
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
I know this will get argued against or something, but I stand by my belief that there is no point in having a dvd player.
1.) Most people nowadays have DVD players already.
2.) if gamecube played dvd's, I would still use my normal player....multi-region.
3.) the dvd player on my PS2 was awful.
4.) by the time N5 comes out, everyone who "desperately needed" a console with a DVD player in it would have bought themselves an x-box or PS2, so they will have one anyway.
5.) I do believe that production of the Qube/Q-cube or however its spelt, has ceased forever, proving it wasn't all that popular, despite the DVD playing abilities of it

and there are probably other reasons not to have it.
Fri 26/12/03 at 15:21
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I never really got this backward compatibility thing. If you've got Gamecube games to play on your N5, then 10 times out of 10 you've also got a Gamecube :OS
Fri 26/12/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Cool, guess I dont have to get rid of my GC games then :o)
Fri 26/12/03 at 17:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This news also hopefully suggest that Nintendo will keep the current controller for the N5.

Which is excellent, as it's easily the best controller in existence.
Fri 26/12/03 at 18:37
Regular
That's what people said about the Playstation controller, and now we can see that it certainly has it's problems.

I hope Nintendo design a new one, with more buttons and a better D-Pad.
Fri 26/12/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Miserableman wrote:
> I never really got this backward compatibility thing. If you've got
> Gamecube games to play on your N5, then 10 times out of 10 you've
> also got a Gamecube :OS
AHH...

There is several reasons why this is a good thing though.

For one-if someone gets a N5 but does not have a GameCube to begin with and a really good(or one they like/want) comes out then they could buy it. Or get an old one from ebay.

Or say someone with not enough money decides to sell his GameCube to go with the money he spends for the N5.
Fri 26/12/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> That's what people said about the Playstation controller, and now we
> can see that it certainly has it's problems.

They did?
Personally I just prefered the computer keyboard.
>
> I hope Nintendo design a new one, with more buttons and a better
> D-Pad.

The D-Pad is alright in my opinion.
The z button is in a terrrible place though-unlike the trigger like place of the N64. Brilliant for Goldeneye.

The c stick needs some improving though.
Fri 26/12/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Don't hate me for i"
i think a re-desing of the pad is needed. sure, its a really cumfy one, but the d-pad is too small, makin it easy to push the wrong direction. the shoulder buttons are good, but its like all the other pads, it seems to think the user has 2 thumbs on each hand. heck, mabey everybody else does and im some freak, but i dont think so. how r u supposed to use the analog stick at the same time as the d-pad, which u sometimes have to? and how are you supposed to use the c stick and the a,b,x,y buttons at the same time?

unfortunalty i cant think of a way round this, but at least its better then the n64 pad which tought uses had 3 hands
Fri 26/12/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
I'm a kid so I have no problem with the d-pad's size.

What game uses control stick and D-Pad?
Fri 26/12/03 at 19:38
Regular
> unfortunalty i cant think of a way round this, but at least its
> better then the n64 pad which tought uses had 3 hands

Did you offend one of the best controllers of all time?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.