GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N5 Confirmed to be backwards compatabile!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/12/03 at 15:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"In an interview with Famitsu, the head of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has stated the N5 will have backwards compatibility.
"It will be able to use the games already created in the previous generation. And it is something that will work. Side performances and graphics, one reached today a kind of limit with a quality which is already close to realism and it will be difficult to still much better do. The role of Nintendo is thus to study other ways in order to improve the experience of the player." - Cube-Europe.

A great move by Nintendo in my opinion, people who sell their Cube's to raise the cash for the N5 will still be able to play their old games, and those new to Nintendo can play older games without having to buy a Cube as well.
Thu 25/12/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Aww! I just got a Game Cube. Can't the N5 just waith a widdle bit longer?
Thu 25/12/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Don't hate me for i"
cool, gud move nintedo. but ne1 no wen the n5 due 4 realise in britain? + they aparantly gonna b showen something new at e3 in 2004, that ISNT the sucsesor o the cube or the gba but some kind of 3rd hardware. ne1 no wot that is?
Fri 26/12/03 at 00:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nu tech which aint N5 or GBA? No1 nos wot it cud b yet m8!!1
Fri 26/12/03 at 00:11
Regular
I say that someone start a petition where they put in a Snes, Nes, N64 and GBA (which also covers GBC and GB) slots in too.

The N64 especially. Four player games on Conker and Perfect Dark where the pads don't wear down and you don't get slowdown no matter how many simulants you use! :-)

Infact, if they were clever then they could build all this into one slot.

The most complex goes at the bottom and is covered by a lid.
When closed, this lid plugs into the slot and has a slot of it's own on top... a bit like the Super Game Boy if you remember...

When you put a game in, you choose which slot you want to open (all will have their own opening from the top, afterall, it would be a pain to have to open all the others to get to the bottom one) and put the game in.

This was probably a really bad explanation of what I meant (which could probably only be described by a drawing) but if you're familiar with the Super Gameboy then you'll know what I mean.
Fri 26/12/03 at 01:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
That would cost Nintendo waay to much, and just wouldn't be worth it. How many still play NES games? Hardly any.
Also, it'll take money away from any further Super GB/GB Player devices they could sell separately.

And anyway, you forgot Virtual Boy.

And Pokémon Mini.
Fri 26/12/03 at 01:53
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Besides they could always just re-release many of the old classics onto a complilation CD like they did with the Zelda collectors CD for the GC... if they chose to go that route ofcourse.
Fri 26/12/03 at 14:04
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
tphi wrote:
> How many still play NES games? Hardly any.

i do, so does my brother, and a friend.
also, loads of people in my year play on the SNES in our 6th form common room, its very popular.

people who dont play the old consoles are denying themselves a lot of gaming pleasure, in my opinion.
Fri 26/12/03 at 14:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Surprise! You play SNES games cos you're a Ninty, right?

Nintendo will want the N5 to appeal to casual gamers (which is why they MUST include a DVD option in my opinion), as they know Ninties will buy it anyway. And casual gamers unfortunately won't be worried about SNES games.

I'd say it's certain the only games Nintendo wants you to play on the N5 are N5 and Cube.
Fri 26/12/03 at 14:21
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
oh, i forgot to mention i also play my megadrive and master system occasionally. granted, not as often as my nes/snes, but i still play them.

and i am confident in my saying that i am one of only, maybe 3 ninty's in my year, and yet everyone is playing the snes we have.
Fri 26/12/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Don't hate me for i"
tphi wrote:
> Surprise! You play SNES games cos you're a Ninty, right?
>
> Nintendo will want the N5 to appeal to casual gamers (which is why
> they MUST include a DVD option in my opinion), as they know Ninties
> will buy it anyway. And casual gamers unfortunately won't be worried
> about SNES games.
>
> I'd say it's certain the only games Nintendo wants you to play on the
> N5 are N5 and Cube.

i doubt that the n5 will hav dvd compatability. think about it, the hole in the middle of the gc discs is much smaller then the ones on dvds or cds. and since the n5 is defenatly gonna be backward compatable, the little thing you stick the discs on is gonna have to be the right size for gc discs. that means that dvds wont stay on it, unless theres so sort of clever size changing middle bit. thats a very bad explanation od what i mean but you should get the general gist. any way, what sort of fare weather ninty are you? casual gamers *moks the inferiorness of 'casual gamers' to that of the true hc gamers*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.