GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N5 Confirmed to be backwards compatabile!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/12/03 at 15:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"In an interview with Famitsu, the head of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has stated the N5 will have backwards compatibility.
"It will be able to use the games already created in the previous generation. And it is something that will work. Side performances and graphics, one reached today a kind of limit with a quality which is already close to realism and it will be difficult to still much better do. The role of Nintendo is thus to study other ways in order to improve the experience of the player." - Cube-Europe.

A great move by Nintendo in my opinion, people who sell their Cube's to raise the cash for the N5 will still be able to play their old games, and those new to Nintendo can play older games without having to buy a Cube as well.
Fri 09/01/04 at 22:19
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Strafio wrote:
> The whole point is that they've got no power...
>
> That's where the purity of their game design comes from.
>
> Duh! ;-P

all i can think to say is...."damn straight!!"
the old consoles are the best
Fri 09/01/04 at 22:14
Regular
The whole point is that they've got no power...

That's where the purity of their game design comes from.

Duh! ;-P
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:47
Regular
"??????"
Wow...guess I should never underestimate the power of 8-bit consoles!
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:38
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
my NES works absolutely perfectly. it is without doubt the most robust and well built piece of hardware i own. it works better than my SNES, and maybe even my N64.
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:35
Regular
"??????"
Your NES still works? Well, I suppose it's possible, since my Commodore 64 still works, just about.
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:13
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
meh, i'm just going to keep my gamecube anyway, i did with all my other consoles...all the way back to the NES
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:10
Regular
"??????"
Well, it's still a good feature. Wouldn't want to lose Super Smash Bros. Melee ^_^
Thu 08/01/04 at 19:32
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
from what has been said, the N5 backwards compatibility is only for gamecube games.
Thu 08/01/04 at 19:27
Regular
"??????"
This thing about N5 being backwards compatible...does that mean it will support NES, SNES, N64 and GC games?
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Which apparently is doing rather well.. It has no competitors as no other company thought up a piracy-proof system for the copying-crazy reigon like Ninty did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.