GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Dropout"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/02/07 at 08:47
Regular
I have recently swapped over from Tiscali because of their awful customer service I chose Freeola on recommends. Anyway, Since joining Freeola, I noticed that the internet always used to drop about 5:30am every morning. This was no big deal just a re-start of the router (Netgear DG834GT) and off to work. Sometimes, it would have dropped out, sometime during the day, by the time I came home in the evening.

However, This week, I have a couple days off and yesterday I found the true nature of this problem. The Internet had dropped off before I got up and continued to drop at 5 to 15 minute intervals for most of the morning. getting more stable around mid-day until I had a uninterrupted service for the rest of the day and evening.

The drop-out appears as a inability to connect to websites, on-line games and emails etc. However, sometimes the router gives every indication that is is still connected, physically, to the Internet (lights and, sometimes even, status screen) but no connection to website etc is possible.

I must admit, that at first, I was looking at the router as the source of the trouble. However, with the return to 'normal service' in the afternoons and evenings rules this out.

I notice a few other people with the same problem - on this and other forums. So, please help, I am a bit twitchy having moved from one appalling service from Tiscali to find problems with this one.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 13/02/07 at 08:47
Regular
I have recently swapped over from Tiscali because of their awful customer service I chose Freeola on recommends. Anyway, Since joining Freeola, I noticed that the internet always used to drop about 5:30am every morning. This was no big deal just a re-start of the router (Netgear DG834GT) and off to work. Sometimes, it would have dropped out, sometime during the day, by the time I came home in the evening.

However, This week, I have a couple days off and yesterday I found the true nature of this problem. The Internet had dropped off before I got up and continued to drop at 5 to 15 minute intervals for most of the morning. getting more stable around mid-day until I had a uninterrupted service for the rest of the day and evening.

The drop-out appears as a inability to connect to websites, on-line games and emails etc. However, sometimes the router gives every indication that is is still connected, physically, to the Internet (lights and, sometimes even, status screen) but no connection to website etc is possible.

I must admit, that at first, I was looking at the router as the source of the trouble. However, with the return to 'normal service' in the afternoons and evenings rules this out.

I notice a few other people with the same problem - on this and other forums. So, please help, I am a bit twitchy having moved from one appalling service from Tiscali to find problems with this one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.