GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Dropout"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/02/07 at 08:47
Regular
I have recently swapped over from Tiscali because of their awful customer service I chose Freeola on recommends. Anyway, Since joining Freeola, I noticed that the internet always used to drop about 5:30am every morning. This was no big deal just a re-start of the router (Netgear DG834GT) and off to work. Sometimes, it would have dropped out, sometime during the day, by the time I came home in the evening.

However, This week, I have a couple days off and yesterday I found the true nature of this problem. The Internet had dropped off before I got up and continued to drop at 5 to 15 minute intervals for most of the morning. getting more stable around mid-day until I had a uninterrupted service for the rest of the day and evening.

The drop-out appears as a inability to connect to websites, on-line games and emails etc. However, sometimes the router gives every indication that is is still connected, physically, to the Internet (lights and, sometimes even, status screen) but no connection to website etc is possible.

I must admit, that at first, I was looking at the router as the source of the trouble. However, with the return to 'normal service' in the afternoons and evenings rules this out.

I notice a few other people with the same problem - on this and other forums. So, please help, I am a bit twitchy having moved from one appalling service from Tiscali to find problems with this one.
Tue 10/04/07 at 08:04
Regular
Hi Bob
Good news apart from two dropouts, our test connection apears to be really steady. The two occasions were Thursday 5th April, and Sunday 7th April, on both times we had to reboot the router to re establish a connection but other than that its been great.

Kev
Thu 05/04/07 at 16:33
Regular
Hi Bob
these changes have now been made and I will keep a log of any dropouts that happen, many thanks

Kev

Bob wrote:
> Digitrader wrote:
> Well a can manage that then, I thought I might have to change
> loads of settings.
>
> Hi Digi, can you contact me using [email protected] and
> I'll get the details sent over to you.
Thu 05/04/07 at 10:50
Regular
Digitrader wrote:
> loads of settings.

Hi Digi, can you contact me using [email protected] and I'll get the details sent over to you.
Thu 05/04/07 at 10:29
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Digitrader wrote:
> loads of settings.

Great, I'll get someone from our Sytems team to get in touch with you regarding your test connection username and password.
Thu 05/04/07 at 10:29
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
WilDThraxter wrote:
> I found out that my connection problems are due to my downstream
> noise margin droping to 0 db at night times.
> I have sent an Email to support and am waiting for a reply.
>
> Loki, Should i wait for a reply from them, or should i sort out
> being moved onto the test acount?

If you've found out more details of the causes of your problem, that sounds promising and I'd recommend waiting for a reply from Support on the issue.
Thu 05/04/07 at 10:19
Regular
Well a can manage that then, I thought I might have to change loads of settings.
Thu 05/04/07 at 09:51
"Are you sure?"
Digitrader wrote:
> Hi Loki
> What would this entail? would we have to change all our settings
> for email and web sites etc and router? sounds painful

> loki wrote:
> we'll just need you to change your login username and password

As loki said, you'll only have to change your router user/password - 10 second job...

Email/FTP etc. etc. will all continue normally.
Thu 05/04/07 at 08:55
Regular
Hi Loki
What would this entail? would we have to change all our settings for email and web sites etc and router? sounds painful

Kev

loki wrote:
> Hi Digitrader,
>
> We've been looking closely at this issue and I, for one, have
> not been affected over the last few days. Would you be like to
> temporarily switched to a dedicated test account (we'll just
> need you to change your login username and password)?
>
> Then we can monitor your problems more closely and test your
> account settings directly in an attempt to find out what's
> happening.
Wed 04/04/07 at 19:26
Regular
"Game Addict"
I found out that my connection problems are due to my downstream noise margin droping to 0 db at night times.
I have sent an Email to support and am waiting for a reply.

Loki, Should i wait for a reply from them, or should i sort out being moved onto the test acount?
Wed 04/04/07 at 16:37
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
The question below will also apply to fitzy75, WilDThraxter or PeeJayEph.

If anyone with a history of this connection problem would like to volunteer change temporarily to the test account (as detailed below), then we can see if we can diagnose the problem more effectively.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.