GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pinkies - have your say"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 23:22
Regular
The notion is that a new 'label' is given to people who cause concern on the forums.

Basically they are shown a pink warning card - that's in between yellow and red - and following this they are a "Pinkie" for a specified period of time.

Their name of course turns to pink.

Ladies and Gennelmen - it's YOOOOUUUR CALL, YUURE CHOICE.

(why thanks Hughie, but what happened to Murray Walker)
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My opinion, for what it's worth:

This will cause more problems that the whole regular/newbie/notable thing.
Why single people out for harassment?
Why not just email them and ask them politely?

This "colouring" of someone is akin to tarring and feathering, un-necessary and will cause that person to recieve unwarranted abuse and derision.

Not an atmosphere I wish to be a part of.
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:27
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Exactly, good for SR and maybe good for us as people who are banned may not come back and with the extra cash they could have more competitions, extra GAD's.
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:24
AliBoy wrote:
> I think that everyone should have to use there membership name and
> number to get onto the forums. This way everyone who comes on has to
> be a member and also if anyone is banned they can't get back on
> unless they take out another membership. Maybe make them think twice
> about doing things that could cause them to be banned.

Another way to make money of course.
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:21
We might see the dreaded tag line though "pink and proud".
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I think that everyone should have to use there membership name and number to get onto the forums. This way everyone who comes on has to be a member and also if anyone is banned they can't get back on unless they take out another membership. Maybe make them think twice about doing things that could cause them to be banned.
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:13
Maybe Spammers could have their name "whited out", so that they won't have the privelege of contributing to their word and post counts through the use of excessive spamming.
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:07
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Or you could go with the football refereeing system. Yellow, A very bright yellow, not to confuse others that they are a notable. Then red, then black or somthing.

Ok pink is fine. I have something else that you might like, when they are labeled Pinkey or whatever you could change their tagline to tell other people what they have done. Example:SWEARING, RACIST, STARTING FIGHTS etc etc. They would have no way to change it until the pinkey ban was lifted. Just a thought Tony. We might start seeing a lot of PINK around here ;-)
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:06
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I also vote yes.
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:05
I vote yes to pinkies!!
Tue 21/08/01 at 00:04
But what if the people like the colour Pink??? Dilemma!??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.