GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Sequels"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 18:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
There are so many sequels in games today, the recent releases usually consist of so-and-so 2, or thingy 4, and so forth - but which of these spawns of the original games do you think rocks more than the others out there?

I'd have to say GTA Vice City (without sounding like a fanboy), as it's thrown the GTA series from its birds-eye-view pixelated layout, to a beautifully rendered 3D world.

Other series's I think have improved since the originals include Age of Empires 2, it's just the best strategy game ever, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

However other series's seem to get worse as they go along. The Fifa series peaked with Fifa 99', a gem of a game, but the more recent Fifa titles lick balls - off the ball control? What!?

So, what sequels are good and which ones drink man mayonaise?
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Look, MOH WAS good, but COD is newer and better.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:36
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
oh wow 3 people i guess that means ive lost, 6 billion people in the world and your talking about 3, anyway i will find more people and i will show you that MOH is better than COD
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:35
Regular
The guys from IGN, Gamespot and Gamespy are with us on this.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:34
Regular
The Russian campaign for me was the most action packed and interesting out of all 3. Some of the American missions (the Chateau and Prison camp spring to mind) were genius, genius in every way.

Most disappointing part was the airfield, frustratingly difficult when your AI squad wouldn't shoot who they were supposed to. Still, its about the only bad thing I have to say about it.
"I love yo... lamp."
Pudington wrote:
> right look in the pcgamer magazine that should give you all the info
> you need for why MOD is better, and the graphics, sound and gameplay
> are better than COD no matter what you say

If they say that then they are stupid and should be sacked. Personal experience is much better. Look, 3 of us are saying that COD is better.
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
simple typo MOH
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:33
changing*
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:33
Pudington wrote:
> right look in the pcgamer magazine that should give you all the info
> you need for why MOD is better,

Look, we're slowly chaning his mind.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:32
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
right look in the pcgamer magazine that should give you all the info you need for why MOD is better, and the graphics, sound and gameplay are better than COD no matter what you say
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:31
The best moment for me though was the sniper you meet at the start of Stalingrad - he tells you there's no way up (the top was guarded by several gun nests), and that we'd be safer behind the ruins of a house.
Unfortunately, it's guarded by a Russian officer, who would shoot you as an act of cowardice.

You go anyway - and just as the guy is about to pull the trigger, he gets shot in the head - by Mr. Sniper.

Excellent, just excellent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.