GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Sequels"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 18:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
There are so many sequels in games today, the recent releases usually consist of so-and-so 2, or thingy 4, and so forth - but which of these spawns of the original games do you think rocks more than the others out there?

I'd have to say GTA Vice City (without sounding like a fanboy), as it's thrown the GTA series from its birds-eye-view pixelated layout, to a beautifully rendered 3D world.

Other series's I think have improved since the originals include Age of Empires 2, it's just the best strategy game ever, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

However other series's seem to get worse as they go along. The Fifa series peaked with Fifa 99', a gem of a game, but the more recent Fifa titles lick balls - off the ball control? What!?

So, what sequels are good and which ones drink man mayonaise?
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:47
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
ok then well look past AA and go onto frontline which is new but still has the same principles, what do you say now
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Having never played either, Mr. Pudington, I am an unbiased onlooker.

Allied Assault is old. COD is new.

Every single COD review I have read has said that it is better than AA, which was great when it first came out. But it has obviously been surpassed since, by Call of Duty.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:41
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
exactly no other game can out play MOH
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:41
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
have any of you played the AA game
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:40
Pudington wrote:
> was good, people are still playing the ps games than rather play the
> COD game

Because they can't run it on their PC? They have no PC? Haven't bought or tried any other FPS other than MOH?
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:39
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
hilareous, if i knew where you lived...
To be honest, I can't even see the developers of MOH come up with a good reason why their game is better. Because it isn't.
Regular
Bwhaha... You know this how? This guy is hilarious.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:37
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
was good, people are still playing the ps games than rather play the COD game
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:37
Regular
Why do people bother trying to fight a losing battle?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.