GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Sequels"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 18:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
There are so many sequels in games today, the recent releases usually consist of so-and-so 2, or thingy 4, and so forth - but which of these spawns of the original games do you think rocks more than the others out there?

I'd have to say GTA Vice City (without sounding like a fanboy), as it's thrown the GTA series from its birds-eye-view pixelated layout, to a beautifully rendered 3D world.

Other series's I think have improved since the originals include Age of Empires 2, it's just the best strategy game ever, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

However other series's seem to get worse as they go along. The Fifa series peaked with Fifa 99', a gem of a game, but the more recent Fifa titles lick balls - off the ball control? What!?

So, what sequels are good and which ones drink man mayonaise?
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:38
Regular
The continually high standard of those in the Zelda franchise stand out as some of the best sequels and games of all time.

Metroid Prime is a superb next-gen adaptation, and TimeSplitters 2 was an outstanding improvement on the original.
Tue 17/02/04 at 22:06
Regular
All Resident Evil games are good sequels.
Thu 12/02/04 at 00:42
Regular
"8==="
Icarus wrote:
> Perfect Dark was a great indirect sequwl,
Fri 06/02/04 at 14:55
Regular
sykotic-white-tiger wrote:
> what are you smoking eh?
>
> what makes any game good is the graphics and sound

Retard anyone?
Mon 02/02/04 at 16:52
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
what are you smoking eh?

what makes any game good is the graphics and sound not so much its gameplay, aftersll fifa99 may be good then but fifa 2004 has the same gameplay bit look at its graphics, this is exactly the same for MOH it is a good game with excellent graphics and sound (better than COD) but you always know what you are going to get.
Mon 02/02/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
i'd like to agree with your point about fifi 99, i got it free with my old 16mb graphics card (it was good back then), and for its time the graphics were amazing - the new games are now all about how the players look, and rubbish like that, i liked the fact that fifa 99 was a good down to earth football game. thats what people want, not some aerial flipping footy rubbish.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:49
Played through both games several times on hard.
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:48
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
that is the probabilioty anyway
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:48
Regular
"freedom, not peace"
yeah but is it only because you couldnt complete AA because it was too hard for you
Sat 31/01/04 at 16:47
Pudington wrote:
> have any of you played the AA game

I own both, played both several times on both single and multiplayer. CoD is better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.