GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Sequels"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 18:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
There are so many sequels in games today, the recent releases usually consist of so-and-so 2, or thingy 4, and so forth - but which of these spawns of the original games do you think rocks more than the others out there?

I'd have to say GTA Vice City (without sounding like a fanboy), as it's thrown the GTA series from its birds-eye-view pixelated layout, to a beautifully rendered 3D world.

Other series's I think have improved since the originals include Age of Empires 2, it's just the best strategy game ever, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

However other series's seem to get worse as they go along. The Fifa series peaked with Fifa 99', a gem of a game, but the more recent Fifa titles lick balls - off the ball control? What!?

So, what sequels are good and which ones drink man mayonaise?
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
GTA
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
BiGGiE L͆†L€ Jn®™ wrote:
> It's gotta be Vice city!

VICE CITY GOT NO SEQUEL
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:27
"LOLLERSKATES!"
It's gotta be Vice city!
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Total war
Fri 09/07/04 at 12:05
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
i was dissapointed with jade cocoon 2 actually. the beast fusion disappeared.
Fri 09/07/04 at 02:31
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
Gran Turismo 2, 3 and probably 4
Thu 24/06/04 at 22:09
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Jak 2:Renegade is a good sequel as it totaly changed the gameplay compared to the original making it a very refreshing addition to the platform genre
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
unreal, unreal tournament and unreal tournament 2004

civ, civ 2, civ3

Gta, gta2, gta3
Wed 07/04/04 at 10:02
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I think Half Life had the brilliant sequal, Opposing Force, a very well thought out sequal in my oppinion, which really did show you what the experience was like through another pair of eyes. They then continued this by making Blue Shift, a fine and excellent game, but probably not as good as the first two, but that is only because they were the originals as it were. All fantstic generally though. :-)
Sat 27/03/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
sykotic-white-tiger wrote:
> what makes any game good is the graphics and sound not so much its
> gameplay,

Thats a joke right? :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.