GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need for Speed Underground"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Need for Speed: Underground'.
Tue 13/01/04 at 12:29
Regular
"..."
I dont get it. I have been playin the game for about a week. Have had loads of car upgrades and won loads of races. I sold my Subura Impeza (which was about my 6th car i think) and yet i still cant buy any decent frikkin wheels.

I have loads of money but cant buy the wheels as they are 'currently locked'.
How long does it take to unlock the decent wheels??!!! I cant buy anything above 17s. Help! Thanks.
Wed 14/01/04 at 11:07
Regular
Heh, not sure if your making the same stupid mistake as i did....but its a simple one. After a few engine upgrades the MX-5 gets a 6th gear! Could help when that engine blows keeps blowing in 5th! I didnt realise for quite a few races and kept blowing my engine!
Wed 14/01/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'm still in my MX5, didn't play it last night as I spent most of it upping my stats on SSX3.

Was told that the MX5 was probably the best car to start with, just waiting for the Supra to appear :)

Just need to get past this damn drag race, I think I've had about 50 or more goes at it and just can't get the launch right or blow the engine up right near the end or hit frikkin traffic :(
Wed 14/01/04 at 10:53
Regular
Style points will only unlock stuff like vinyls.

Winning races are the only way to get the upgrades you want. I completed the game last week. Used the Skyline mostly towards the end. But used the MX-5 for most of the game. Its got the best handeling. Cant remember when you get the 20" alloys (or rims as they call it) Guessing around about after you done 70-80 races. You do also unlock a unique set of Rims from doing a samantha/TJ race(i cant remember which one) where you get to choose some that really stand out!
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
No not yet, I'll double check tonight when I get home. If I remember correctly - all I've been unlocking is vinyl stuff which doesn't do anything for your reputation anyway.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:12
Regular
"..."
Have you got the bigger wheels yet?
Tue 13/01/04 at 16:36
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
What race number are you upto now Darkus?

I'm on about 51 [I think] and I still haven't unlocked certain bits which I think should be unlocked :(

I've got my reputation upto 4 stars now so I shouldn't be too far away from the really good stuff, just have to get past this one drag race which is doing my head in, managed to finish 2nd by 0.04 secs the other day, then I still couldn't complete it :(
Tue 13/01/04 at 15:52
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
You usually unlock stuff via the tournaments so just rush through the other stuff like drag races and such, and make sure you do well in the tournies.
Tue 13/01/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
Play is Fast and Furiously.
Tue 13/01/04 at 12:29
Regular
"..."
I dont get it. I have been playin the game for about a week. Have had loads of car upgrades and won loads of races. I sold my Subura Impeza (which was about my 6th car i think) and yet i still cant buy any decent frikkin wheels.

I have loads of money but cant buy the wheels as they are 'currently locked'.
How long does it take to unlock the decent wheels??!!! I cant buy anything above 17s. Help! Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.