GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notice to all SPAMMERS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
This is the problem:

It is the intention of the majority of people on the forums to keep good standards. If you post ludicrous drivel then you ENCOURAGE those standards to decline. Before you know it people like khazar will be swearing and fighting and the whole place will disintegrate into a mess.

That's why I said I would never run another competition like WASSUP WABBIT.

When I get to work today I will delete whole threads full of spam. I don't want to spend my time doing this. I have better things to do.

The only one place where spam is tolerated at present are the worlds longest thread attempts. If necessary we will take those down too.

Argumentative factions are certainly not welcome on this site if they go beyond an acceptable level of banter. This would not be allowed even in the worlds longest threads.

People of all ages are welcome here. If we cannot control the forums then they will be protected by installing qualification. Then anybody could be barred from the main forums if they degrade the place, until they work their way back up to qualification.

Would everybody here please accept that good standards must be achieved across the board in order for the forums to remain an enjoyable place.
Sat 18/08/01 at 18:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
shaneo wrote:
> So 3 hours+ or work is gone?

shaneo

My tip for the future is this. If you are writing stuff which seems, lets say, of dubious standard, then perhaps save it on your computer just in case it gets deleted.

Then you can repost it in a more appropriate place if you need to.
Sat 18/08/01 at 18:41
Tony wrote:
> Seifer wrote:
> So your working whilst on the forums are you
> Tony??? Is that what
> work is like when you get a
> job???

Thass right. You come to work on Saturday for no pay - and instead of getting some work done you have to delete a load of spam and clear away the skateboard ramps (old pipes and stuff) which have been left in the car park by ignorant morons the previous night.

Do you know who the ignorant morons are? Do they work for you??
Sat 18/08/01 at 18:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Seifer wrote:
> Do you know who the ignorant morons are? Do they work for you??

Of course not.
Sat 18/08/01 at 18:51
Tony wrote:
> Seifer wrote:
> Do you know who the ignorant morons are? Do they
> work for you??

Of course not.

Or rather they don't now! *Tony finishes off his work today by signing Mr.Snuggly's Pink Slip!*
Sat 18/08/01 at 18:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Work - they wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

They're only interest is to be as sloppy and laid back as possible, leaving others to clear up their McDonalds wrappers (bags, cups, boxes) etc.

You know the type. "I know there is a possibility that someone will break their ankle on this old pipe but it won't look cool to my mates if I pick it up - especially as I looked so cool running my skateboard over it a minute ago. I bet everyone was watching and thought how cool I was."
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:00
That sounds a lot like my football team!

They are all the same, all about 20 and saying that they are so much better at tricks then you are, they try it and bust open there face, they all get embarresed when the youngest member of the team can do them and leaves them for dust!

You're probably better off working for yourself! You only have to write out 1 pay check- your own, andyou can take all the credit!
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:04
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Just to make it clear - these people never ever worked for me, and never will.

Staff here work hard.
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:05
Saying that, have you worked at all?? (apart from deleting spam and garbage topics??)
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tony, you need should offer them jobs. Gget them to promote the "radness" of SR with their skills!

Or something...
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:25
Regular
I might start an SR fan site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that ok?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.