GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notice to all SPAMMERS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
This is the problem:

It is the intention of the majority of people on the forums to keep good standards. If you post ludicrous drivel then you ENCOURAGE those standards to decline. Before you know it people like khazar will be swearing and fighting and the whole place will disintegrate into a mess.

That's why I said I would never run another competition like WASSUP WABBIT.

When I get to work today I will delete whole threads full of spam. I don't want to spend my time doing this. I have better things to do.

The only one place where spam is tolerated at present are the worlds longest thread attempts. If necessary we will take those down too.

Argumentative factions are certainly not welcome on this site if they go beyond an acceptable level of banter. This would not be allowed even in the worlds longest threads.

People of all ages are welcome here. If we cannot control the forums then they will be protected by installing qualification. Then anybody could be barred from the main forums if they degrade the place, until they work their way back up to qualification.

Would everybody here please accept that good standards must be achieved across the board in order for the forums to remain an enjoyable place.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Howed that get through?
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:39
Regular
Tony wrote:

Yes - er-no has been asked to hold a genuine extra
> Gameaday competition. He's totally in charge of it.

How would I be so lucky to be able to set up my own competition?

And have you been in the room, it had me in tears last night reading not only my own entries but others. The competition will be hard to judge as no-one has entered a serious entry. But mine are the best. I reccommend everyone to enter.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dr Cahalan wrote:
> Tony for the owner of the company, aren't you? You get a load of stick.

I don't consider it stick. The forums are here partly for people to express their opinions. I don't discourage that.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:35
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dr Cahalan wrote:
> Last thing Tony can you tell me if this is an actual competition
> ER-NO'S EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY!? As he isn't a member of staff I find
> this very unlikely but I could be wrong.

Yes - er-no has been asked to hold a genuine extra Gameaday competition. He's totally in charge of it.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:16
Regular
Last thing Tony can you tell me if this is an actual competition ER-NO'S EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY!? As he isn't a member of staff I find this very unlikely but I could be wrong.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:07
Regular
Tony for the owner of the company, aren't you? You get a load of stick. These people should appreciate what you have done for them. And if they don't like it they can go somewhere else. I also like you Tony because I won filmaday after only being here for 5 days with a review that I thought was terd. Good work Tony.
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:37
Tony wrote:
> Just to make it clear - these people never ever worked for me, and
> never will.

Staff here work hard.

surfing the net, nicking games, HARD? no way..
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:25
Regular
I might start an SR fan site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that ok?
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tony, you need should offer them jobs. Gget them to promote the "radness" of SR with their skills!

Or something...
Sat 18/08/01 at 19:05
Saying that, have you worked at all?? (apart from deleting spam and garbage topics??)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.