GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notice to all SPAMMERS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
This is the problem:

It is the intention of the majority of people on the forums to keep good standards. If you post ludicrous drivel then you ENCOURAGE those standards to decline. Before you know it people like khazar will be swearing and fighting and the whole place will disintegrate into a mess.

That's why I said I would never run another competition like WASSUP WABBIT.

When I get to work today I will delete whole threads full of spam. I don't want to spend my time doing this. I have better things to do.

The only one place where spam is tolerated at present are the worlds longest thread attempts. If necessary we will take those down too.

Argumentative factions are certainly not welcome on this site if they go beyond an acceptable level of banter. This would not be allowed even in the worlds longest threads.

People of all ages are welcome here. If we cannot control the forums then they will be protected by installing qualification. Then anybody could be barred from the main forums if they degrade the place, until they work their way back up to qualification.

Would everybody here please accept that good standards must be achieved across the board in order for the forums to remain an enjoyable place.
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:55
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This is the problem:

It is the intention of the majority of people on the forums to keep good standards. If you post ludicrous drivel then you ENCOURAGE those standards to decline. Before you know it people like khazar will be swearing and fighting and the whole place will disintegrate into a mess.

That's why I said I would never run another competition like WASSUP WABBIT.

When I get to work today I will delete whole threads full of spam. I don't want to spend my time doing this. I have better things to do.

The only one place where spam is tolerated at present are the worlds longest thread attempts. If necessary we will take those down too.

Argumentative factions are certainly not welcome on this site if they go beyond an acceptable level of banter. This would not be allowed even in the worlds longest threads.

People of all ages are welcome here. If we cannot control the forums then they will be protected by installing qualification. Then anybody could be barred from the main forums if they degrade the place, until they work their way back up to qualification.

Would everybody here please accept that good standards must be achieved across the board in order for the forums to remain an enjoyable place.
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:59
I think its all been sorted now....

People have made their opinions VERY clear.

(Tony, can you put my FAD win on the filmaday site please? I've gotta go away soon and i'd like to claim it before i go. If you could that'd be great. Thanks.)
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:59
Thanks for saying that Tony, I may have been spamming last night but we have decided that we would 'put the lid back on the can of spam and throw it in the bin'

The Spam Squad has been dissolved and now the forum is at peace
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:02
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:
> Tony, can you put my FAD win on the
> filmaday site please? I've gotta go away soon and i'd like to claim
> it before i go. If you could that'd be great. Thanks.)

I can't do that myself but I will remind Loki and Snuggly.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:03
Thanks Tony. Much appreciated.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:03
Tony, What you said about Khazar then was unfair this morning he tried to stop the spammer's and help you. And this is the way you repay him.
Anyway if you are offnended in what i said delete me or bar me.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:04
When did Khasar try?? Sorry to sound insulting but are you half an hour behind, because we have stopped spamming and have said that we shall no longer spam and respect the rules of the forums!!
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:05
Regular
Yeah sorry Tony....

I admit I was the person that made T.S.Q...

But I must emphasize the fact that it was just a bit of fun that went wrong...

and was never intended to offend anyone..

Dav1d
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:07
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Nearly Cruicial wrote:
> Tony, What you said about Khazar then was unfair this morning he
> tried to stop the spammer's and help you. And this is the way you
> repay him.
Anyway if you are offnended in what i said delete me or
> bar me.

What is it with you guys. I've seen one post from khazar and it contained a four letter swear word. The guy is banned. We don't want him here. We REALLY don't want him here.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony, thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.