GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notice to all SPAMMERS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
This is the problem:

It is the intention of the majority of people on the forums to keep good standards. If you post ludicrous drivel then you ENCOURAGE those standards to decline. Before you know it people like khazar will be swearing and fighting and the whole place will disintegrate into a mess.

That's why I said I would never run another competition like WASSUP WABBIT.

When I get to work today I will delete whole threads full of spam. I don't want to spend my time doing this. I have better things to do.

The only one place where spam is tolerated at present are the worlds longest thread attempts. If necessary we will take those down too.

Argumentative factions are certainly not welcome on this site if they go beyond an acceptable level of banter. This would not be allowed even in the worlds longest threads.

People of all ages are welcome here. If we cannot control the forums then they will be protected by installing qualification. Then anybody could be barred from the main forums if they degrade the place, until they work their way back up to qualification.

Would everybody here please accept that good standards must be achieved across the board in order for the forums to remain an enjoyable place.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hurrah

Asprin or cheese anyone?
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony wrote:
What is
> it with you guys. I've seen one post from khazar and it contained a
> four letter swear word. The guy is banned. We don't want him here.
> We REALLY don't want him here.

Tony. In the past week I have seen Khazar try and help the fog in the problems it has had.... surely you can give the kid another chance... and if he ever does another thing wrong... go on, ban him, his brother his mum and his dad...

Or has the Tony spoken for good?
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:13
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no - it is impossible to stop the guy from swearing.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:14
Regular
"One More Chance"
I have a feeling Tony has spoken for good. Anyway ive just spoken to Khazar on MSN and hes said after this afternoon he aint postin any more.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:15
Tony wrote:
> Nearly Cruicial wrote:
> Tony, What you said about Khazar then
> was unfair this morning he
> tried to stop the spammer's and
> help you. And this is the way you
> repay him.
Anyway if you
> are offnended in what i said delete me or
> bar me.

What is
> it with you guys. I've seen one post from khazar and it contained a
> four letter swear word. The guy is banned. We don't want him here.
> We REALLY don't want him here.

Oh i did not realise he swore. Sorry tony, i think since khazar was banned everyone has been on edge.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:16
Tony wrote:
> er-no - it is impossible to stop the guy from swearing.

There is 1 way you give him 6 million lollie's and tell him to lick.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:17
Regular
Thanks Tony... I really hope this is the last we ever hear of this.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:19
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Good call Tony. By the way, I reported Khazar again because he was swearing at me.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:21
shaneo wrote:
> Good call Tony. By the way, I reported Khazar again because he was
> swearing at me.

When was this.
Do you like cricket......does anyone here.please say yes.
Sat 18/08/01 at 15:21
Regular
I have a quick question about spam.

Is spam just when you repost the same message, or does it include pointless messages such as:

"Well we`re nearly at 100 posts." etc...

There is a new longest thread in the PS2 forum, and I wondered if it was in any danger. Is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.