GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Cry.... exquisemwa?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Wed 21/01/04 at 17:12
Regular
It seems I have been living under a rock for the past few years when it comes to PC gaming however I have seen this name pop up here and there as a possible Halo beater. They have just released a 465mb demo of it however I don't want to spoil the game by running it on my GeForce FX 5200 so I will wait until Friday when my Radeon 9800 XT arrives.

Between now and then I would appreciate someone filling me in on the stuff IGN haven't previewed. Does the game have ragdoll physics etc etc...

Any information would be apprciated.

Merci!
Mon 02/02/04 at 12:01
Regular
Hopefully not, but with the reputation and status of Half Life, it could well be shadowed out.

I'll buy it regardless due to the fact that I have liked what I have played, and parts of it are likely to be improved before commercial release.
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I'm always a bit iffy about anything beta testers say to be honest. When I was part of the beta test for the appalling excuse of a game that is Sum Of All Fears there were people swearing it was the best FPS game ever...for example. The real test is whether Far Cry is still bothered with after Half Life 2 is released.
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> One thing I haven't checked out - is the full game going to have
> multiplayer? Stupid question probably.

Yep, it's also been given two thumbs up by BETA testers currently trying the multiplayer side of the game.
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:59
Regular
Ok, it's just that I wasn't too keen on IGI myself, but yes, you can certainly see elements of the two games in this one.
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:56
Regular
Definitley a good thing, I jst hope they can sort out the slightly dodgy frame rate with the 4.10 drivers before release.
Mon 02/02/04 at 08:10
Regular
Very good demo methinks.

Alistair, I can see what you mean about IGI-Halo, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing (not sure if you meant it in a good/bad way).

Yes, the AI can be a little daft sometimes - spotting me from miles away, yet when inside I could get right up behind them...

Shame I can't play it anymore - I have got more virii on my computer, so it's re-install time soon...

One thing I haven't checked out - is the full game going to have multiplayer? Stupid question probably.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:30
Regular
Played the demo?
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:29
Regular
Seems a bit 'overhyped' to me..
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Touched!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Sorry don't bother with MSN anymore. My email is:
>
> [email protected]
>
> I leave that open when my PC is on.

ok mate will email you now :)
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:04
Regular
Sorry don't bother with MSN anymore. My email is:

[email protected]

I leave that open when my PC is on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.