GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was This A Good Deal?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/02/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ViewItem&item=3074749064&category=20391

I've paid £75 + £10 postage for a Black Gamecube (boxed), official memory card boxed (both supposedly new), Super Monkey Ball 2 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike. Yeah, I know that the Star Wars game got mixed reviews but I'm a Star Wars fan and if I tolerated the Episode 1 games this should be no problem. I checked the average for both games selling seperately on eBay and both seem to reach around £20ish so I think that £75 for the lot was a good price? buying new was out of the question because I have a budget of about £130 to spend and that would have not bought a great deal of new stuff. I already have a Zelda Collector's edition disc as well...:D

Anyway, my Nintendo knowledge (apart from the fact this will be my third Gamecube - don't ask) comes from the new issue of NOM which I was sad to find has no A-Z of reviews of past games.

Hence if any one has some suggestions for good games, other than Zelda (which I'm going to get) then I'd be interested to hear them.

Also feel free to give me an ear bashing about the my criticism of Nintendo, though I still think they need a serious marketing rethink the desire to play Skies Of Arcadia and Ikaruga without paying a small fortune for them on my Dreamcast has over ridden that. Plus having seen a review of Crystal Chronicles there could well be some hat eating activity from me soon.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:43
Regular
I died once, before I knew how to roll on the first boss. Stupid, really.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:41
Regular
Yeah, I didn't die ONCE in The Wind Waker.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:41
Regular
Sunshine the most boring game you've ever played? I may not be it's biggest fan, but come on, it's still a great game. Did you have to collect the blue coins? Nope, I didn't bother and I'm sure many others couldn't be bothered with it; Wind Waker can be slow in places, but it's still a work of genius.

As for F-Zero, while it's a great game, you'd be better off with 1080, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart or Zelda.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
Zelda was far too easy, i did'nt even die, and believe me i usually do die in games(alot).
Can you honestly say that Hotel level in mario was good?
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zelda is fantastic.

Sunshine is tres bien.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:16
Regular
Mario sunshine was the most boring piece of gaming i have played.
The water pack is not inovative and is just repetetive.
And trying to make the game double the size by collecting blue coins for stars makes us gamers look stupid.

Same for Zelda wind waker, by placing the islands miles apart with pointless sea makes you think the game is bigger, worth a play though.
Thu 05/02/04 at 17:15
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Animal Crossing (ozzy Pal version from CD WOW)
> Mario Kart
> F Zero
> Viewtiful Joe
> Resident Evil 0

F-Zero GX.

No doubt about it.
Thu 05/02/04 at 10:29
Regular
I've been here long enough and established enough relationships to have a weighty opinion.
Thu 05/02/04 at 10:27
Regular
Well fair enough...

That's not true, if I didn't think their games were the best I wouldn't buy their console so naturally I'll find them fantastic but I think you'll find I'm not the only person who things MK:DD is the bees knees.

I worship everything the do, do I?

The worst Gamecube game I own is Doshin the Giant, utter toss... oh and a Nintendo game.
Thu 05/02/04 at 10:23
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'm not sure your opinions on Nintendo stuff carry much weight around here Dringo, you worship everything they do.

Belldandy is not a muliplaying person, so MK:DD would be a daft purchase.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.