GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was This A Good Deal?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/02/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ViewItem&item=3074749064&category=20391

I've paid £75 + £10 postage for a Black Gamecube (boxed), official memory card boxed (both supposedly new), Super Monkey Ball 2 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike. Yeah, I know that the Star Wars game got mixed reviews but I'm a Star Wars fan and if I tolerated the Episode 1 games this should be no problem. I checked the average for both games selling seperately on eBay and both seem to reach around £20ish so I think that £75 for the lot was a good price? buying new was out of the question because I have a budget of about £130 to spend and that would have not bought a great deal of new stuff. I already have a Zelda Collector's edition disc as well...:D

Anyway, my Nintendo knowledge (apart from the fact this will be my third Gamecube - don't ask) comes from the new issue of NOM which I was sad to find has no A-Z of reviews of past games.

Hence if any one has some suggestions for good games, other than Zelda (which I'm going to get) then I'd be interested to hear them.

Also feel free to give me an ear bashing about the my criticism of Nintendo, though I still think they need a serious marketing rethink the desire to play Skies Of Arcadia and Ikaruga without paying a small fortune for them on my Dreamcast has over ridden that. Plus having seen a review of Crystal Chronicles there could well be some hat eating activity from me soon.
Fri 06/02/04 at 18:56
Regular
i admit i did like the level wth the mirors on the roof.
If mario 128 is half as good as 64 then it will be better than Sunshine.
Fri 06/02/04 at 18:51
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Mario Sunshine is the greatest platformer on this generation of
> hardware bar none.
>
> Boring? Please, you have no taste.

To say the entire game is boring is in bad taste, but Legendary Link has a few good points.

The hotel level *was* poor, especially when you had to spray the Boo's to make platforms - a nice idea, but it doesn't make for a fun game.

Miyamoto even admitted it lacked the freshness of previous titles, and is hoping to rectify this with Mario 128.
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:11
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
"would love to argue more, but Bruce Forsyth is on BBC1"

I'm going to have to use that in future, it's gold.
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:57
Regular
Mario Sunshine is the greatest platformer on this generation of hardware bar none.

Boring? Please, you have no taste.
Thu 05/02/04 at 19:01
Regular
would love to argue more, but Bruce Forsyth is on BBC1.
Cya.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:57
Regular
I can't see how the graphics were affected in any way. Yes, it was a bit more limited and very linear at times, but you can't really call it bad. There were some great puzzles in the hotel, the boo one was great fun.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:56
Regular
um, everything, the graphics were terrible inside, it seemed pointless after playing Luigi' mansion, the camara angles were crap and it just felt wrong, like it was coded or created by one of the directors sons.
Ofcourse outside the Hotel was ok, it was just inside that it was rubbish, play that level again, u will see what i mean.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
Legendary Link wrote:
> Sorry but that Hotel level

True.

The hotel was a bit crap.
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:52
Regular
What was wrong with the hotel?
Thu 05/02/04 at 18:45
Regular
Sorry but that Hotel level, and the final boss were terrible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.