GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WAS THE PLAYSTATION 2 WORTH 300 POUNDS?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/08/01 at 12:22
Regular
The hype of the PS2 made it so popular that half the nation, along with me, all booked it in advance and then sat there patientally playing on our playstation's waiting for the release. Now to start with the machine is ulgy but that is no reason to hate it, right? Well I'll get back to you on that one but the main difference was the graphics. They took gaming to the enxt level. Ok Forget the Dreamcast what did they actually do? Well obviously not a lot as they had to reduce there console price by 200 pounds as no-one was buying it. The Playstation game designers had to show the power of it and that's exactly what they did. The ingame graphics are amazing on all the games, but are they playable? The answer to that is sadly no. With the release of the original playstation we where taken to the next beyond the next level. It made games realistic and playable and that is what everyone wanted. Still it shows its power by releasing game after game which are mainly playable. The graphics got better and better as we went along and certain games were released that changed gaming overall. Take ISS Pro Evolution and Metal Gear Solid for example both with great graphics and even better gameplay. That is the thing the game designers on the PS2 have missed? But now back to the original question. Ok we get a dvd player and a console that let's you play both playstation games and playstation2 games. What could be wrong with that? And the answer to that is really nothing. The only thing that makes me hate the PS2 is that you need a playstation memory card to save playstation games. That's it. If they could make a decent game then there sales would go up. Now let's see what you think about that and by the end of today I'll probally have over 100 hate mail and a letter bomb in my post.
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:39
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah I saw those figures too.Where did you see them? Cause I think it was in one of Gamesmaster, PSW or PSM2.
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:33
"High polygon count"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I'll post the official figures tonight, so watch this
> space.

So, here they are - for those interested:

September 27th, 1995: UK PSone launch at £299.99

PSone UK sales after SIX months: 140,951 units

Current UK PSone userbase: 6,356,096 units

November 24th, 2000: UK PS2 launch at £299.99

PS2 UK sales after THREE months: 241,327 units

PS2 UK sales after SIX months: 414,221 units

So... PS2 outsold PSone by almost 2-to-1 (1.7-to-1 actually) in the first three months, rising to 3-to-1 (or 2.9-to-1) after the 6-month period.

Now... someone tell me again how the PS2 had a disastrous launch, cos frankly, I don't see it.
Thu 16/08/01 at 18:53
Regular
slik wrote:

> Game Boy advance is outselling the ps-one and ps2 put
> together! and once the gamecube comes out, Nintendo Will
> dominate the games console market.

So what ? Buy what you want, and play with it. Consoles and handheld are toys pure and simple. Why are you getting worked up into this ninty v sony bigotry ?
Thu 16/08/01 at 18:37
"High polygon count"
That's enough... I give up!
Thu 16/08/01 at 18:33
"High polygon count"
Jesus christ that fileplanet is painfully slow at serving files - I've been waiting FIVE minutes for the download to start, and that's on a 512k cable modem!!!
Thu 16/08/01 at 18:21
Regular
Thanks mate at least someone agrees with me
Thu 16/08/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Back For Good"
It's propably because he's just updated everything, this should take you straight to them but just don't use "save as" because when you click on them it will download a link which will take you over to fileplanet where it'll tell you how to get them.

http:// www.planetps2.com/ biohazardextreme/ codeveronica/ weskersreport/ weskersreport/ weskersreport.html

(needs the spaces removing after the slashes)
Thu 16/08/01 at 17:10
"High polygon count"
Couldn't get them, mate - the site kept saying there was no such file/page.
Thu 16/08/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Back For Good"
Hey Wookie, what did you think of the wesker's report vids?

quite a bit of the uncut opening in the first one, fair nasty innit?
Thu 16/08/01 at 16:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Now that the PS1 is the same price as a GBA (ish), When the PS1 and the GBA come to the end of their lives, lets see who sold the most machines...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.