GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WAS THE PLAYSTATION 2 WORTH 300 POUNDS?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/08/01 at 12:22
Regular
The hype of the PS2 made it so popular that half the nation, along with me, all booked it in advance and then sat there patientally playing on our playstation's waiting for the release. Now to start with the machine is ulgy but that is no reason to hate it, right? Well I'll get back to you on that one but the main difference was the graphics. They took gaming to the enxt level. Ok Forget the Dreamcast what did they actually do? Well obviously not a lot as they had to reduce there console price by 200 pounds as no-one was buying it. The Playstation game designers had to show the power of it and that's exactly what they did. The ingame graphics are amazing on all the games, but are they playable? The answer to that is sadly no. With the release of the original playstation we where taken to the next beyond the next level. It made games realistic and playable and that is what everyone wanted. Still it shows its power by releasing game after game which are mainly playable. The graphics got better and better as we went along and certain games were released that changed gaming overall. Take ISS Pro Evolution and Metal Gear Solid for example both with great graphics and even better gameplay. That is the thing the game designers on the PS2 have missed? But now back to the original question. Ok we get a dvd player and a console that let's you play both playstation games and playstation2 games. What could be wrong with that? And the answer to that is really nothing. The only thing that makes me hate the PS2 is that you need a playstation memory card to save playstation games. That's it. If they could make a decent game then there sales would go up. Now let's see what you think about that and by the end of today I'll probally have over 100 hate mail and a letter bomb in my post.
Wed 22/08/01 at 17:12
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
I wish I waited six month before buying mine. There's vertualy no decent games around at the moment...... Can't wait for all the decent games to come out :

Dracken
metal gear solid
soul reaver 2
baldurs gate
jack & dexter
iss
silent hill2
devil may cry
dropship
max payne/deas x/half life/return to castle wolfenstein
ico
ace combat 4
herdy gerdy

(Drool....!)

Maybe this topic should be posted in a few months time.......
Wed 22/08/01 at 17:06
It’s not just three hundred quid though.
For three hundred we get to experience the PS2.
By the time we’ve shelled out for the web connection, hard-drive, and software to boot (no pun intended), we’re going to be playing with a /very/ expensive DVD player.
Don’t get me wrong. The PS2 is tip-top.
It’s just a little expensive…
Wed 22/08/01 at 15:51
true true basicly it is three things in one dvd ps2 ps1
Sun 19/08/01 at 21:38
Saesee wrote:
> Here's why the PS2 is the best-value thing on the street:

The DVD
> player is worth at least £400, and the PS2 is almost half the
> size of a standard.

Plus, it plays PS2 and PSOne games on it too
> - nice bonus really ;¬)

2X LOL!!
Sun 19/08/01 at 21:29
Regular
Saesee wrote:
> Here's why the PS2 is the best-value thing on the street:

The DVD
> player is worth at least £400

LOL!
Sun 19/08/01 at 20:59
Here's why the PS2 is the best-value thing on the street:

The DVD player is worth at least £400, and the PS2 is almost half the size of a standard.

Plus, it plays PS2 and PSOne games on it too - nice bonus really ;¬)
Sun 19/08/01 at 12:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i think the ps2 was worth £300 because i now have one and i think that it absoloutely rocks. ps. i sold my n64 and got quite a lot of money and that is how i got my amazing ps2.
Fri 17/08/01 at 00:53
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well Ive been to a Similar one
Fri 17/08/01 at 00:47
Regular
No, in the lads defence, there's nothing wrong with 'headgrafts'.

Granted, they're not quite the real thing, but they're just as good for the required purpose.
Fri 17/08/01 at 00:44
Triple_H wrote:
> I found that site out ages ago.Most of the pics are fake anyway

no u didnt i typed the rong site. there isnt 1 called that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.