GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSX 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SSX 3'.
Sat 14/02/04 at 17:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've only recently started playing this after getting it for Chistmas (exams and no memory card space) and it's damn good. But why have they taken out certain elements? There used to be a trick book to run through, and there used to be different types of board you could get. Alpine for speed, freestyle for tricks, or the combination for a bit of both. Now you can't even buy new boards, only new graphics for the same board.

And I know this game will give me arthritis in later life.
Wed 25/02/04 at 16:11
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Yeah, did you let go and put a 180 in to get full points?
Tue 24/02/04 at 23:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I pulled it off earlire after a few attempts. That sounds rude, but I don't care.

You just have to remember to keep holding the uber as you do each part of the spin, and don't let it go. I thought that you had to do the 180 and backflips simultaneously, but you can do them consecutively which makes it a lot easier.
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:21
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Sorry, that was rushed, gtg for tea.
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:20
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Just practise on perpendiculous.

I just do a double back flip, then press the relevant direction.

After youve done the double backfli[p 180 all you do is hold the uber still.

After youve done it more than 1ce, do a late spin before you land, other wise it will half your points.

Jie is right, just look at he video, the trick i am talkign about is a stoneage by the way.
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Blank wrote:
> I'd imagine having to uber at the same time wouldn't help...

A Madonna is an UBER trick, or even a SUPER UBER trick. If you watch the videos on the link that is posted by Col way way down you'll see the tricks in action.

I know what you mean about the cheat characters as being a novelty, Cudmore did make me laugh though :)
Mon 23/02/04 at 17:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Jive wrote:
> Hmm ... I haven't got any of those yet, I have Unknown Rider, Cudmore,
> Green Blob and a german bald headed thug so far, that's on Elise and
> she's my most used character.

I've got a ton of 'em, but they're really a novelty and of no practical use. It's the sort of thing where you put on the character at the lodge, leave the lodge, and by the time you've reached the lodge you're bored of them. I think the only ones I need are the poster one (collect all posters to get it) and the 100% for the whole mountain one, Far East Myth I think it's called. Other than that I can buy them - Eddie, Seeiah, and maybe one more. They cost 40 grand though, so I'll only get them after I've bought anything else useful for the sake of completion.

And a question for Col - that double back flip 180 maddona...is it easy to get the exact amounts? Will it take a lot of practice to do two backflips and a 180 at the same time, or is it picked up pretty quickly? I'd imagine having to uber at the same time wouldn't help...
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yeah they be the stats I was on about. Cheers.

Didn't know about buying the extra characters, I'll have a look soon :)
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:57
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Blank wrote:
> The trick boosts do look like snowflakes, but if you take the time to
> look at one that you know is a trick boost you'll see the difference.
> It's like a white ball with two blue things whizzing round it, or
> something.
>
> In other news, I've done nearly all the challenges with Mac, and in
> the process got gold medals on at least two of the peaks from
> collectibles. Actually, it might only be one peak. But anyway, there
> are only a few challenges left to do, and they're really hard. Like
> some on Gravitude, I think it is. "Get 300,000" is a joke.
> And I can't do the gates one either. Ho hum.

Gate ones are ba*tards but if you need help gettign 300,000 I suggest a small combo and a few double backflip 180 BS madonna (madonna while doing double backflip with a BS 180 spin)to get the madonna simply equip the Madonna ubertrick in one of the lodges, it is an L1 + L2 trick.

If you do that trick you get 30,000 points and I explain in my long post above/below depending on how you view, how to get those points every go.

If I remember correctly I fall over quite a few times but that trick got me the points anywya.

cya
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:54
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Jive wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> And I can't do the gates one either. Ho hum.
>
> Hah ... some of the gates challenges have had me ranting and spitting
> acid at the TV a couple of times and they were on the easy levels.
>
> Does anyone know what happens if you max out all the available
> characters stats, do you get any extra characters? I've maxed out
> about 3 people now and the rest are fairly well built up.

If by stats you mean the spin, speed, and other such things, e.g. upto 11 on all characters, then I cna confirm that nothin happens.

Of you want soem characters you can buy them, just go to the lodge and the somewhere in there, you can only buy certain onee on certain peaks I believe, so go to 3 lodges.
Mon 23/02/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hmm ... I haven't got any of those yet, I have Unknown Rider, Cudmore, Green Blob and a german bald headed thug so far, that's on Elise and she's my most used character.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.