GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Crushed" How the DS will decide Nintendo's fate."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/02/04 at 00:40
Regular
It is very rare for Nintendo to ever admit they're in the S**t but looks like they have done. Speaking to various Japanese publications Iwati of Nintendo fame confirmed that they are struggling to read the "Japanese Market".

It appears Nintendo maybe thrashing Microsoft but they are still suffering badly and the brave attempt to save themselves stems from Iwati's belief that "Consumers don't want flash graphics and better machines". So Enter the DS, Nintendo's big hope, success will mean a saved Nintendo....

"If we are unsuccessful with the Nintendo DS, we may not go bankrupt, but we will be crushed. The next two years will be a really crucial time for Nintendo."

Ah. Naturally with the continuing massacre on peoples wallets by the Pokemon franchise there is little to fear in the bankcrupcy department.

But it looks like the DS is more important than we though.

For the love of God say you are right Nintendo... please be right.
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:44
Regular
The success of a system, even if each unit makes a loss, is an indicator on how much revenue games are going to bring in.

Therefore, if the DS sells quicker than Bill Gates can clap his hands to turn his lights on, then chances are, a huge amount of games will sell.

However, if the DS sells like DVD copies of The Blair Witch Project...then Nintendo need to rethink their strategy.
Sun 15/02/04 at 10:56
Regular
Wouldn't it be the same situation if they released Gamecube 2? If it did well then Nintendo is fine but if it did badly then Nintendo would be crushed.
Sun 15/02/04 at 09:26
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I don't think it's the DS that's the important factor here, it's the games that are available for it - they're gonna need some kickass launch games.
Sun 15/02/04 at 00:40
Regular
It is very rare for Nintendo to ever admit they're in the S**t but looks like they have done. Speaking to various Japanese publications Iwati of Nintendo fame confirmed that they are struggling to read the "Japanese Market".

It appears Nintendo maybe thrashing Microsoft but they are still suffering badly and the brave attempt to save themselves stems from Iwati's belief that "Consumers don't want flash graphics and better machines". So Enter the DS, Nintendo's big hope, success will mean a saved Nintendo....

"If we are unsuccessful with the Nintendo DS, we may not go bankrupt, but we will be crushed. The next two years will be a really crucial time for Nintendo."

Ah. Naturally with the continuing massacre on peoples wallets by the Pokemon franchise there is little to fear in the bankcrupcy department.

But it looks like the DS is more important than we though.

For the love of God say you are right Nintendo... please be right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.