GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Crushed" How the DS will decide Nintendo's fate."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/02/04 at 00:40
Regular
It is very rare for Nintendo to ever admit they're in the S**t but looks like they have done. Speaking to various Japanese publications Iwati of Nintendo fame confirmed that they are struggling to read the "Japanese Market".

It appears Nintendo maybe thrashing Microsoft but they are still suffering badly and the brave attempt to save themselves stems from Iwati's belief that "Consumers don't want flash graphics and better machines". So Enter the DS, Nintendo's big hope, success will mean a saved Nintendo....

"If we are unsuccessful with the Nintendo DS, we may not go bankrupt, but we will be crushed. The next two years will be a really crucial time for Nintendo."

Ah. Naturally with the continuing massacre on peoples wallets by the Pokemon franchise there is little to fear in the bankcrupcy department.

But it looks like the DS is more important than we though.

For the love of God say you are right Nintendo... please be right.
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Riiight.
Mon 16/02/04 at 02:02
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
i hope it doesnt turn out like the dreamcast

it was brilliant console and the ps2 took it off the market

its like the year 2000 all over again

were sega is on its last legs and then they throw in the towel and it disappears from the argos catalog.

and sony..........

i just had weird thought someone on a building laughing evily (muwhahahaha) "then me looking up and saying "ILL GET YOU SONY!!!"
Sun 15/02/04 at 12:33
Regular
We'll have to wait till E3.
Sun 15/02/04 at 12:26
Regular
The DS deciding Nintendo's future? Bah, Nintendo are in trouble then.

Even if it is great, I doubt consumers will jump at the chance to get it. Pouring resources into coudl have been Nintendo's biggest mistake yet. If, in a years time, I'm sitting here with a multimillion selling DS in my hands, I'll be surprised (maybe not at that exact moment, but meh ;-)).

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Sun 15/02/04 at 12:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I posted this quote ages ago.. ho hum.

Nintendo really need to know what they're doing. I am going to reserve my judgement for E3. Ninty better come up with the goods.. or I fear their prophecy, of basically being in s**t as Dringo nicely put it, will come true. I can't believe they're talking about this piece of kit as their life/death.

tphi is worried.
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:59
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> But you need games to sell the system.

Okay Belldandy that's a no brainer...

The success of the DS... depending on the software, will either Save or Condemn Nintendo.

With Namco, Konami, Nintendo and THQ on board all ready things can be hopeful.
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
But you need games to sell the system.
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:50
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> :D They weren't trying to be clever - just factual :P

B**locks.
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:49
Regular
:D They weren't trying to be clever - just factual :P
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:47
Regular
That was comical but poor metaphors their Edgy :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.