GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goty Out Today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition'.
Fri 20/02/04 at 13:48
Regular
""To the pub...""
Yippeee i got Goty for Xbox from Game everyone else was buying Final Fantasy x-2 for PS2 which was also released today and theres me the odd one out but with the superior game lol

I have'nt tryed it yet i've had a look at the map and the pics on the back exciting stuff.

well i'm off round my mates house for the weekend for Beer /Girls and sleepless nights (due to playing goty although girls help as well Lmao)
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hoo, ressurection of thread - I ain't got GOTY, but I have got the original, obviously.

And no, WW is still better ;)

But, it is excellent. I've got several open quests - Commona Tong peopl to kill, people to find in Punabi and Sulipan and some bloke who's lost his friend in the woods.

I also nabbed that 60,000 thing from the Mage's guild - but I did it even sneakier. One of the small quests you get is to place a gem in the same table as that pricey gem - Galberider or whatever shes called strolls off because of the quest, as it were. So I nabbed it. Now to Caldera then it seems.

Currently in Suran/m.....I think - going the 'back way' to Punabi/Sulipan, as the bridge I tried to cross was guarded by a nasty man who killed me. I'm level 2 - I think I've created a character that is stupidly hard to level up when magic is limited, but once I reach a high level, I think I'll be practically unstoppable.

Maybe.
Wed 10/03/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Laughingstock"
At last. By day I am a friendly mage. By night I am become yon werewolf. Much better than being a vamp.
Tue 02/03/04 at 18:52
Regular
You'd already got the darts of judgement?

What on earth posessed you to notice some darts of little worth on a bed, at the bottom of an obscure family dwelling in Ald Rhunn, that was guarded by Ordinators from all directions?

You must be one thorough thief.
Mon 01/03/04 at 23:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm about to hit level 22 so far. :-) I got the item - but I found another one in a Dwemer ruin - phew. But guess what, I got to another mission - get the darts of judgement. Hey guess what ! Yup, thats right, I've already ponced them and sold them on ! DOH !!!
I just pretty much fell to my knees and sobbed - now I have to search for those damn things and I just can't seem to find them anywhere...
Overall though I'm doing ok - been doing other stuff while looking for those darts on the side. ;-))
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:13
Regular
Huzzah!

I'm level 50.
Mon 01/03/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
At last I've got my mitts on Goty. Now I can continue the adventures of my level 39 spellbinding mage :)
Mon 01/03/04 at 08:20
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Does anyone know the item I need so at least I have a clue on where
> to look and stuff ?

If memory serves me right the item to steal is a Dwemer pitcher: a two-handled jug, and it was upstaits in M.Ence's shop/house.
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:32
Regular
Hah! You're in the exact same predicament I was in!

Fortunately, I managed to buy it back off the trader in Balmora. Just head back to the bloke you got the mission from, ask what it was you had to steal again, and work through all the people you could've sold it to.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ugh !!! I have to get this guy out of prison for the Thieves guild - the mission where you have to goto the trader in pelagiad (Mebastian Ence) to steal a dwemer device from him, then threaten to expose one of the guards for letting the trader smuggle it in in order to free your companion.

Now heres the bloody annoying part ! I went all over his house and didn't find anything, then, I pick pocketed the trader and sure enough, got 10 of those dwemer coins. So I assumed I'd done what was needed and went to find the right guard in the pelagiad fort where the guys being held. Found him, spoke to him, and no matter what I did, this guard just wouldn't respond to anything - I even tried using a spell and stuff to get him to like me so that he might cave in, but theres just nothing I can say or select to say that'll show him the coins.

So the only conclusion I've come to is that the coins aren't what triggers the threat and that theres something else - but unfortunatly, being a thief, I've already raided his shop long ago as I was passing through, so now I need to find out what artifact it is and try to trace my steps back and see who I must have sold it to. Does anyone know the item I need so at least I have a clue on where to look and stuff ?
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:46
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Other than that, if a trader has stuff I want, I'll usually buy it
> from them, then while they have my extra money I've added on, I'll
> sell my stuff and get the money back on it. ;-)

Yeah, that's essentially the idea.

If I want to sell something for say, 100,000 septims, I take 9 items worth 10,000 each to Mr Mudcrab. I sell him one for full price, sleep 24 hours, sell him the next for full price, sleep.. etc. Once all 9 are sold, I sleep another 24 hours and buy them right back off him. Technically, I haven't lost anything and he now has 100,000 gold which I can take in return for my 100,000 item.

> Hopefully I'll find exactly where that Mudcrab is sometime (gotta be
> careful not to kill him). Is he roaming around the forest and stuff
> ? Or is he actually in a town like the creeper ? Be so much easier
> if hes in a town.

Nah, not so simple I'm afraid.

He's located on an obscure island in the south, but fortunately he stays in that one place all the time. To find him, you need to travel to Suran and then head south-east right across the water until you come to an island, called "Mezahnch". He'll be on another, much smaller island around the back of this one. If you check your map you'll have got with the game, he'll be located on the last "h" of "Mezahnch".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.