GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost Season 6 Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/02/10 at 14:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This thread is likely to contain spoilers relating to US airings of the show (aired 3 days before UK)

So the final season is upon us, with promises of all the questions from the previous 5 seasons to be answered over the next 18 episodes, I for one am greatly looking forward to what's to come.

This past week we had the 2 part season opener 'LA X I & II' and, in my opinion at least, all the hype for this season was justified. Like everyone else I had heard the rumours of cast members returning and was pleased to see how it was done by playing on the whole 'did the bomb go off or didn't it'. I'll be interested to see where they take the 'off-island' stuff over the next few episodes, it seems obvious to me that all the characters will begin interacting with each other on some level after landing in LA, maybe adding fuel to the 'destiny/fate' themes that have been knocked about in previous series. The differences of the plane to the crashed one are also interesting, no Shannon, no coffin and an additional passenger in Desmond...

On the island, it was good to finally see The Temple and the 'fountain' which healed Ben all those years ago. It's interesting to note that the water had 'changed' since Jacob died suggesting the island might now be under the control of Jacobs Rival. I have a feeling that note that was in the ankh says more than the Japanese bloke and the hippy let on... With regards to Sayid, do you think he's really alive (after everyone agreeing he was dead) or is he likely to be a 'vessel' for Jacob in the same way Locke is for JR/Man in Black/Smokie? The only argument against this is that Locke's body is still dead and separate whereas Sayid's isn't.

Also a hint at Richards origins from JR, "nice to see you out of those chains". Does that mean Richard was on the Black Rock? Or was he a slave or imprisoned for something else. I think the Black Rock is more likely based upon the start of the Season 5 finale but it's another 'wait and see' situation that I'm sure will be answered over the next 3 months.

Looking forward to next Friday!
Fri 09/04/10 at 12:41
Regular
I always think I'm going to hate Desmond's episodes, and end up loving them.
Tue 06/04/10 at 08:58
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Well the Jin/Sun episode wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, it was actually rather good. Was interesting to see that off-island they were not married, but still together. It was also hinted at that Jin worked for Sun's father before they hooked up, as opposed to the other way around in the 'main' timeline.

Also, yey Desmond! After 2 months of seeing his name on the credits he looks like he might actually have a part to play in the coming weeks. To be honest, it was fairly obvious what 'The Package' was going to be once Widmore confirmed it was a 'who' and not a 'what'.

'Happily Ever After' is our title this week, all I can think of is that it's a clue as to what caused the split, or the split itself.
Sun 28/03/10 at 22:47
Regular
"Mooching around"
Very nice episode, I'm always happy to see more interaction between Jacob and Mr. Nemesis.

Next one is Jin/Sun, eh? Oh well, I don't know what it is, but I just find all their flash back/forward/parallels pretty un-engaging.
Sun 28/03/10 at 16:49
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Alfonse wrote:
> Was quite a good episode, I must agree!
>
> Next weeks is apparently Sun and Jin's, it's been absolutely ages
> since we saw Jin locked up in that ganster's pantry, so I'm
> really looking forward to the episode.

Oh yeah! Locked in a pantry off-island, trapped in a bear trap on-island.

Sucks to be Jin.
Sun 28/03/10 at 15:53
Regular
Was quite a good episode, I must agree!

Next weeks is apparently Sun and Jin's, it's been absolutely ages since we saw Jin locked up in that ganster's pantry, so I'm really looking forward to the episode.
Sun 28/03/10 at 10:07
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Wow, seems I've neglected this for a couple of weeks.

This week we saw a 'This is your life: Richard Alpert' episode and boy was it a good'un. Nice to see a change of pace with the story-telling, going back to the 'flash-back' way of doing things.

Whilst it confirmed some things we had guessed at already we also learnt some new things. Firstly, Richard is Spanish and from Tenerife, must admit I chuckled a little at this, it was also confirmed that he was the only survivor of the Black Rock, which was what destroyed Jacobs statue. We also saw how it ended up so far in-land.

Maybe it was just me, but Jacob didn't seem like the nice happy-go-lucky bloke we have seen in the past, instead being aggressive with poor Richard. It was interesting to see, and hear, more about the relationship between Jacob and MiB, with Jacob bringing people to the island to prove a point. Hopefully Richard will now be siding with 'Jacobs Army' as he's one of our favourites.

Next week is called 'The Package', make of that what you will...
Mon 15/03/10 at 11:00
"possibly impossible"
It would certainly fit that The Incident is the catalyst, considering what happened at the end of the last series and that we're still not sure what effect the bomb had.

I did like the whole Ben teacher thing, very good to see a different side to the character and how he might have turned out if he wasn't moulded by the Island. Interesting too how Locke still seemed to have a hand in things.
Mon 15/03/10 at 09:36
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pb wrote:
> Still not sure if this off the island alternate timeline is a
> parallel universe thing, a choice or perhaps the people on the
> island are not physically on the island at all...

I'm sticking with my theory that that is a 'Jacob-less' universe, a universe where Man in Black leaves the island, or where a candidate steps forward to protect the island.

On to this week, despite expecting this week to be a slight letdown after 'Sundown' I must say I was pleasantly surprised. While it wasn't an action-filled episode it progressed the story some way whilst revealing a few things we didn't know before, or had only guessed at.

Also, any Ben episode is going to be good, even if it is set up to makes us feel sorry for him. I'm still not convinced he is one of the 'good' guys, because as we know he "always has a plan". I was disappointed that he wasn't as much of a douche off the island as he is on it, he actually seemed rather pathetic... Was interesting to hear that he and his dad still went to the island in this flash-sideways but left at some point (I am assuming before the Incident), which makes me think that maybe the events of The Incident differ in this reality...

On the island, we finally found out how Richard came to be there and how come he is age-less, we also now see the transformation of Jack from a man of science, to one of faith, edge ever closer with his belief that the dynamite wouldn't blow.

The only problem I had with this episode was the ending, the fact that Alan Dale's name appeared in the opening credits suggested the Widmore would appear at some point, the longer the episode went on the more likely it is he would pop up at the end. I'm also half expecting to see him off-island at some point talking to Ben due to their connection on island.

Next week. Recon, suggests it's a Widmore episode and we are going to find out what exactly is going on over on the Hydra island.
Thu 11/03/10 at 11:09
"possibly impossible"
Hah. I've finally caught up so I'm moving this thread to the top.

Just seen episode 6 and wow, it was a goodun. Lots of smokey, lots of characters out of balance and no idea what's going to happen next, which is just as it should be.

Still not sure if this off the island alternate timeline is a parallel universe thing, a choice or perhaps the people on the island are not physically on the island at all...
Sun 07/03/10 at 10:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Aside from the opener I think this was my favourite episode so far this series. More of an action based episode over the 'talky' one last week.

Now that Dogan and Lennon are dead and the Temple cleared, I'm not sure where MIB is heading now. One would assume he is heading off the island, how he is going to do it is anybodies guess, if it was simple he would have done so already...

Miles is now becoming one my favourite characters with his little phrases and one liners, "Sawyer give you the boot too?"

I'm liking the flash-sideways stories as well, interesting to see former cast members back, if even briefly. Is it relevant that Sayid saw 3 other islands in this reality whilst everyone else has seen 1 or 2? I doubt it, but you never know.

Next week is called 'Dr Linus', awesomesauce :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.