GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost Season 6 Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/02/10 at 14:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This thread is likely to contain spoilers relating to US airings of the show (aired 3 days before UK)

So the final season is upon us, with promises of all the questions from the previous 5 seasons to be answered over the next 18 episodes, I for one am greatly looking forward to what's to come.

This past week we had the 2 part season opener 'LA X I & II' and, in my opinion at least, all the hype for this season was justified. Like everyone else I had heard the rumours of cast members returning and was pleased to see how it was done by playing on the whole 'did the bomb go off or didn't it'. I'll be interested to see where they take the 'off-island' stuff over the next few episodes, it seems obvious to me that all the characters will begin interacting with each other on some level after landing in LA, maybe adding fuel to the 'destiny/fate' themes that have been knocked about in previous series. The differences of the plane to the crashed one are also interesting, no Shannon, no coffin and an additional passenger in Desmond...

On the island, it was good to finally see The Temple and the 'fountain' which healed Ben all those years ago. It's interesting to note that the water had 'changed' since Jacob died suggesting the island might now be under the control of Jacobs Rival. I have a feeling that note that was in the ankh says more than the Japanese bloke and the hippy let on... With regards to Sayid, do you think he's really alive (after everyone agreeing he was dead) or is he likely to be a 'vessel' for Jacob in the same way Locke is for JR/Man in Black/Smokie? The only argument against this is that Locke's body is still dead and separate whereas Sayid's isn't.

Also a hint at Richards origins from JR, "nice to see you out of those chains". Does that mean Richard was on the Black Rock? Or was he a slave or imprisoned for something else. I think the Black Rock is more likely based upon the start of the Season 5 finale but it's another 'wait and see' situation that I'm sure will be answered over the next 3 months.

Looking forward to next Friday!
Sun 17/10/10 at 21:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Butch wrote:
My only real complaint is that this little snap-shot further enforces my feelings of needing an island spin-off series featuring Hurley, Ben and their new companion...

That would be my feeling too. I was actually disappointed because it didn't feature anything on island.
Sun 29/08/10 at 14:23
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Wouldn't surprise me if they did, if that event is to celebrate the launch of the DVD it would make sense.
Sun 29/08/10 at 12:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Nope, I'm waiting for the DVD. Well actually I'm hoping they're going to add it on as part of the 4 day Lost marathon that I will surely die on.
Sun 29/08/10 at 11:00
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
So I'm assuming everybody has now had the chance to watch 'New Man In Charge' since it was leaked online two or three weeks ago? If not, it's still readily found, or just wait for the DVD :)

Although it was only 10-11 minutes long, I really enjoyed it and it was nice to receive some answers to a couple of minor curiosities that were brought up through the seasons.

My only real complaint is that this little snap-shot further enforces my feelings of needing an island spin-off series featuring Hurley, Ben and their new companion...
Sun 30/05/10 at 09:50
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Apparently, that and he was (allegedly) a greedy so-and-so and wanted more money when he found out the writers wanted him till the end of the sixth series.
Sat 29/05/10 at 22:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
Light and dark was a very, very prominent theme from S1. I think faith/religion comes into in in season 2 or 3.

Yeah, Eko left due to hating Hawaii right?
Sat 29/05/10 at 21:09
Regular
It's a shame Eko wasn't in it for longer tbh, he was a really good character.

I'm currently re-watching season 1, the light and dark thing is really apparent :)
Thu 27/05/10 at 11:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Eko would have been in the finale, but the actor wanted 5 times more, allegedly, than ABC were willing to offer him.
Thu 27/05/10 at 11:20
"possibly impossible"
Butch wrote:
> I fully agree with Alfoncy, it was a great ending. With no
> Michael, Walt, Eko, Miles or Naomi in the church at the end,
> something seems up....

The theory is that they were told (series 4 or 5?) that they weren't redeemed as they hadn't attoned on the island (Michael) or for some that they had already passed or were not ready to yet (Walt and Eko both had their own way off the island and therefore did not need to go to that purgatory)

One theory being that the island was the place where they could sort out their issues in life. The sideways world was a type of purgatory and the Island itself was real, with Jacob helping them realise their potential.

Whole thing is explained really well by someone posing as an Angry Robot employee see here but also This site tries to fill in some more blanks too.
Thu 27/05/10 at 11:07
Regular
Butch wrote:
> So many of my 'friends' have been complaining that they were
> correct when they said that the Losties were dead all along,
> since season 1. It's taken every ounce of my restraint to not
> smack them across the back of their head and berate them until my
> throat got sore! :@

I can't believe how many times I've seen this written on forums and by supposedly respectable journalists/reviewers (such as the LA Times).

I completely admit (I think probably everyone would admit) to being slightly confused in general by certain aspects of the show/finale, but I certainly didn't misunderstand the fact that everything on the Island really happened (didn't Christian even say this in pretty clear terms?).

Oh well.

By the way, the Season 6 DVD/Bluray which is released late August/early September will contain 12-14 minutes of on-island Hurley/Ben footage set (AFAIK) shortly after Jack's death. Should be intriguing, though I wish it was 12-14 hours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.