GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Sat 22/05/10 at 23:20
Regular
I'm probably going to be the odd one out again (I wish Garin would post more in here), but I didn't really like the episode. I guess it's not fair as it's just half a story.

Maybe my mistake is going back and watching the classic Silurian stories. These new Silurians are more suited for DS9 (Jem'Hadar right?) than Doctor Who. They look completely different from the old ones.
Mon 17/05/10 at 13:47
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
LukeM wrote:
> the Doctor most certainly isn't abducting
> people and probing them.

I believe this was an extra on the Tenth Doctor 'Specials' DVD...
Mon 17/05/10 at 13:44
"possibly impossible"
LukeM wrote:

Peter Davidson in Warriors of the
> Deep.

Which was pants.

>
> I think as for the Doctors dark side, that is all part and
> parcel with the fact his entire race has been wiped out and that
> he indeed travels alone. It's also played on how he just uses his
> companions, when this is not really the case, because although it
> can be seen like that, the Doctor most certainly isn't abducting
> people and probing them.
Unless you were called Peri and were picked up in Lanzarote. Come on, I bet he did... :)
Mon 17/05/10 at 13:10
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I've just finished watching my Silurian/Sea Devil DVD box set so it will be cool to see how they have been re-imagined for this series.

They were first seen in Doctor Who and the Silurians (with Jon Pertwee) then again with the Master in Doctor Who and the Sea Devils, then later on with Peter Davidson in Warriors of the Deep.

I think as for the Doctors dark side, that is all part and parcel with the fact his entire race has been wiped out and that he indeed travels alone. It's also played on how he just uses his companions, when this is not really the case, because although it can be seen like that, the Doctor most certainly isn't abducting people and probing them.

LOL @ granny bashing.
Sun 16/05/10 at 14:26
Regular
I thought that was a really interesting, and exciting episode. The whole which is the real dream concept was cool, and the twist at the 'end was satisfying, if a little rushed. I'm not sure how I feel about all the violence against oaps in that episode though :D
Sun 16/05/10 at 13:50
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I too enjoyed it, The Doctor obviously has a 'dark side' which has been hinted at every now and again for a while now. Instead of re-hashing old enemies or making up new ones each week it's good to see episodes focusing on this every now and again. If we don't see the 'Dream Lord' anytime soon, I expect to see another manifestation of it at some point.

Looks like the return of the Silurian next week in a two-parter. From memory I can't remember seeing them before but (after a quick wiki search) their collaboration with the Sea Devils against the Fifth Doctor rings a few bells.
Sun 16/05/10 at 12:45
"possibly impossible"
Thoughts; loved it. Oap Zombies! Ok, they weren't zombies, but close.

Interestingly, Dreamlord seemed to have parallels with the Valyard..
Sun 16/05/10 at 11:24
Regular
For a moment I thought I was watching Lost.

I don't know whether I liked the episode or not, so I should probably watch it a second time.

I'll let pb, Alfonse, Luke, Butch et al. share their thoughts on the episode first.
Sat 15/05/10 at 19:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
Pretty cool episode, hope The Dreamlord is a bit more complicated than the Doctor let on, and from the looks of the end of the episode I'd guess he will be.
Thu 13/05/10 at 20:16
"i am rockhoppper"
iagree with you all oh and visit my profile

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.