GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Fri 19/03/10 at 15:44
Regular
The only Doctor I've met was Jon Pertwee. I'd love to meet all the rest.
Fri 19/03/10 at 15:42
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Machie wrote:
> Jon Pertwee is another favourite of mine.

He's my favourite doctor of all time I reckon!

pb wrote:
> Colin Baker was very friendly too and I was lucky to get to chat
> to him myself for longer at a sci-fi convention in Taunton.

I got met him at a signing at the Longleat Dr Who exhibition a few years back, nice guy.
Fri 19/03/10 at 13:37
Fri 19/03/10 at 12:22
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Is there a Christmas episode and second series (for Matt) already
> confirmed?

"executive producer Piers Wenger confirmed that there will be another Matt Smih season of Doctor Who in 2011, and a 201o Christmas special, which will begin filming in July."
Fri 19/03/10 at 11:56
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Have you met any non Bakers pb? :¬) Oh and looks like we have
> a date, Saturday 3rd April.

What did I tell you? My ambiguous 3rd April thread wasn't all for nothing then!

>
> Jon Pertwee is another favourite of mine. I'll try and watch some
> of his after I finish Tom Bakers serial.

Some of his stories I found a bit too slow, but stuff like Inferno and the 2 Peledon stories are just wonderful. I always think the new Doctor should chance upon Bessie at some point in his adventures.
Fri 19/03/10 at 10:37
Regular
Have you met any non Bakers pb? :¬) Oh and looks like we have a date, Saturday 3rd April.

Jon Pertwee is another favourite of mine. I'll try and watch some of his after I finish Tom Bakers serial.
Fri 19/03/10 at 07:45
"possibly impossible"
Oh, and I've met Tom Baker at his book signing in Exeter. Very entertaining he was too.

Colin Baker was very friendly too and I was lucky to get to chat to him myself for longer at a sci-fi convention in Taunton.
Fri 19/03/10 at 07:44
"possibly impossible"
Bah! I like the old and new series equally, but for different reasons. I have many of the DVDs of the old series, from the first ever Hartnell story to Survival and The TV Movie, gradually replacing my VHS tapes (I still have Shada with the novel in the video box) as it hasn't come out on DVD yet.

Reviews from those who have seen the preview screenings of The Eleventh Hour are pretty good, so I have high hopes for that, but I think all the extra love for the old series may be nostalgia. I do remember the fury over the TV Movie though with the Doctor's first passionate kiss. Seems so long ago!
Fri 19/03/10 at 00:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I liked the classic series, as Chris said, to me the Doctor will always be Tom Baker (and maybe Jon Pertwee). Never watched them again though, I prefer to keep the happy (distorted) memories. :)
Thu 18/03/10 at 23:58
Regular
I really hope that won't be the case :¬( I guess we have to wait and see. By the way, did you enjoy the classic series Garin? Or are you more of a Star Trek fan?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.