GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Thu 18/03/10 at 23:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> But then how do you feel about Matt and Moffatt taking over? You
> enjoyed some of his episodes. Maybe it'll go back to being good
> again? Are you looking forward to
> this?

I think appointing Matt Smith is a clear signal it'll be more of the same. I suppose theres some small hope he could be another Peter Davidson but I'm expecting plenty of empty corridors and ham acting.
Thu 18/03/10 at 23:23
Regular
Ah yes the empty corridors hehe.

But then how do you feel about Matt and Moffatt taking over? You enjoyed some of his episodes. Maybe it'll go back to being good again? Are you looking forward to this?
Thu 18/03/10 at 23:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Uh huh and I have
> evidence
> to prove it! The sad smiley face says it all Garin.

That was just before series 3 started though. That was a time when I was young and naive and thought maybe series 2 was just an aberration. Little did I know there was years to come of David Tennant running down empty corridors and women screaming "Doctor!" every 30 seconds.
Thu 18/03/10 at 23:04
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I think it's safe to say that the new series is nothing on the
> old one, and i don't think it was ever going to be. Tom Baker is
> just Dr Who to me

Yeah such a great man, I would love to go see him and the other Doctors at a Scottish convention in a few months. I hate to say it, but he's an old man now. :¬(

Garin wrote:
> You've said some pretty hurtful stuff to me in the past, Machie.
> But suggesting I like the new Dr. Who shows? :(

Uh huh and I have evidence to prove it! The sad smiley face says it all Garin.

Garin wrote:
> No Doctor Who for me. :-(
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
I think it's safe to say that the new series is nothing on the old one, and i don't think it was ever going to be. Tom Baker is just Dr Who to me
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
You've said some pretty hurtful stuff to me in the past, Machie. But suggesting I like the new Dr. Who shows? :(
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:45
Regular
Oh maybe I saw it on UK Gold.

Yeah I'm different from pb and Garin, although I do like the new shows, I love the old series more. I don't know why though. Maybe because the stories are longer and it's not all in a rush and the Doctor isn't snogging every single companion. Oh and I've watched about 50 classic episodes lately and not one of them has involved any homosexuality, infact I don't think there is any sexuality. I don't mind a little gay, but not in every single episode.
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
I used to watch it on UK Gold when I was about 7. I really enjoyed them. The scarves were immense!
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:28
Regular
The old series that ended 21 years ago?

I wish the BBC would repeat the old series instead of 3 series of Snog, Marry or Avoid? pb I could be wrong, but was there a channel on Sky that was showing them late at night? I think I remember seeing some Colin Baker episodes. It was the same channel where I would catch Lost in Space.
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
I don't understand the fuss over the 'new' doctor who. I watched the old doctor who when I was little, and i enjoyed that. I watched the new one, and I can't say i like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.