GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stars Catalogue Updated"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/04 at 17:46
Regular
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/stars/index.jsp

Get there NOW.
Thu 04/03/04 at 01:04
Regular
STARS run out? Nope indeed they don't... I might hold on but the CD-single thing looks a bit of a collectors item. As does the GBA case.
Thu 04/03/04 at 10:28
I only 505 stars since my collector's disc purchase.
Thu 04/03/04 at 10:28
Icarus wrote:
> I only have*
Thu 04/03/04 at 14:39
Regular
I only have 9315 - I would have more if I didn't 'buy' a Luigi's Mansion screensaver when nothing real was being given away.
Thu 04/03/04 at 15:57
Regular
I've earned altogether over 10,000 stars, but spent about 2,000+ on crappy screensavers and stuff liek that.

Oh, and Tilt, that 'Be A Better Gamer' booklet came free in NOM ages ago, it's shiit.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Got around 2050 now, spent a lot of them on Zelda : CE. Need to get a few more 1st party products.

Probably should get Metroid Prime sometime soon :D
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats a point, do the Stars actually run out? I signed up yesterday
> and registered 1705 Stars however after seeing that list I would
> rather hold onto them a bit longer.

Small print says stars MAY run out if they are over a year old. But as far as I know no-ones have disappeared for being too old...
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:14
Regular
I'm suprised CBBC's Short Change hasn't been on to Nintendo about their poor 'free gifts' thing.

After all, unless you're one of the first to see that stuff has been added - you're screwed! They need larger quantaties, otherwise they're just shooting themselves in the feet.
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:54
Regular
Dear Short change

Nintendo offer a service that by buying Nintendo published products we get a free gift. Sony and Microsoft do not offer this and Nintendo do but they don't give us enough warning that it will be updated and lack quantities.

You should yell at them for offering us free gifts.
Thu 04/03/04 at 22:56
Regular
Dear Short Change,

I'm a loyal Nintendo fan. I buy the majority of their games on release and have a ton of unused stars on my Nintendo VIP account. Yet they release the free gifts at random times, and considering I'm not on the internet 24 hours a day, I usually get screwed over by casual Joe who just happens to be in the right place at the right time. He's probably enjoying his new Game Boy Player right now.

Whatsmore, my favourite Nintendo franchise is The Legend of Zelda. To my intense happiness, I found that Nintendo were giving away limited edition, four game Zelda discs to loyal consumers! Excellent! So how do I get one? Buy a GameCube. Hang on... I bought a GameCube on launch. No problem, just get one the second way - order it from the stars catalogue. Hang on... casual Joe has got there first. Don't worry about it! Just buy any of these selected games in January, and send of a receipt proving you bought them in January. Hang on... I bought all this games on launch.

Oh. You're screwed. Buy it off eBay for £25 from some bloke who deserves it much less than you do.

Murphy's law for the most part, I guess - but I can't say Nintendo are rewarding their loyal fanbase. I can't say I'm not annoyed. I can't say I can play the Zelda Collector's Edition disc. Because I can't. I can't bloody well get one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.