GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you ever hate gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 20:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'm not sure what to do. I've got nobody to jump up onto. I've decided to sit back down and try again.

Gaming is dying for me, it's trully fizzling out. It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, and it's not even that I don't have time for it. I think the answer lies in the fact I don't abuse gaming and use it as my form of escapism anymore. Now I've turned to writing, filming and my mind for that. What then becomes of the games? The world which in all honestly brought me up through the rough as I tried to ignore the pain that I had everything else reminding me of.

I'm trying. Immediately after I finish writing this I shall go and pick up Prince of Persia and enjoy. Try to enjoy. It's a superb game, but I find myself distracted by pretty things flying past my window. Even if they aren't actually there.

I'll blame this bout and topic on depression and insomnia. I haven't slept since Saturday and I'm becoming very weird. I'm living on Mountain Dew!

Anyways - my question! Do you ever just hate gaming?
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:43
Regular
I hate the direction in which it's going.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:43
Regular
I did that as well in January with my PS2 and Xbox. I don't regret it although I have spent a lot of time and money on my PC as I was only ever going to do it properly rather that with a low power PC.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im thinking of selling the cube and going PC.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:38
Regular
It happened to me last year and I didn't touch games for a bout 6 months as I was truly bored with where they were going and everytime I wanted to play a game I just didn't bother when it boiled down to it and I prefered to do something else.

Its not like that now though, I am enjoying gaming as much as I ever have and thats mainly the Cube thats brought me back into gaming, its a truly fantastic console with a superb set of exclusive games.

My Limited edition Mario Kart and Zelda Collectors pack with a new Cube arrived today yet when I was opening it I felt like a child at Christmas, something Nintendo above anyone else can do.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:21
Regular
You don't hate it.

You've just done it to death so it's sort of boring...

That happened to me a while back but I'm getting a brief reprise, after digging up a few Snes/N64 classics and getting Metroid Prime, but yeah, I'm sort of moving on from gaming too.

So much for never growing up, eh? ;-)
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:01
Regular
Nah enough multiplayer whatever kind of fun to be had if you have games like Metal Arms, Viewtiful Joe, F Zero and Mario Kart and all.. looking forward to Twin Snakes.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:30
Regular
Yes, I hate gaming at times.

But then I play Kirby Air Ride and love it again, it's why gaming is so great.
Tue 09/03/04 at 20:59
Regular
er-no wrote:
> I'm living on Mountain Dew!

Heh, do you live in America or something?

I swear they don't sell it over here
Tue 09/03/04 at 20:44
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I don't ever hate it, but I can get frustrated by it, and now with school, net and work I'm running out of time for it.

When I master the finer points of writing and games design, I'll give you an update! :D
Tue 09/03/04 at 20:29
Regular
"rules"
well sometimes i do but if i'm really boerd i just find some funny cheats and helpful cheats and i go and play the game ps i mostley play gta:vice city coz thay have cool cheats and its a funny game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.