GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you ever hate gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 20:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'm not sure what to do. I've got nobody to jump up onto. I've decided to sit back down and try again.

Gaming is dying for me, it's trully fizzling out. It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, and it's not even that I don't have time for it. I think the answer lies in the fact I don't abuse gaming and use it as my form of escapism anymore. Now I've turned to writing, filming and my mind for that. What then becomes of the games? The world which in all honestly brought me up through the rough as I tried to ignore the pain that I had everything else reminding me of.

I'm trying. Immediately after I finish writing this I shall go and pick up Prince of Persia and enjoy. Try to enjoy. It's a superb game, but I find myself distracted by pretty things flying past my window. Even if they aren't actually there.

I'll blame this bout and topic on depression and insomnia. I haven't slept since Saturday and I'm becoming very weird. I'm living on Mountain Dew!

Anyways - my question! Do you ever just hate gaming?
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:02
Regular
Mario Sunshine is genius, my favourite platform game since Donkey Kong on the Snez. I don't know what more people wanted from it to be honest.
Sun 14/03/04 at 19:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Sunshine is without a doubt a worthy sequal to the Mario 64, but it just does not have the "it" factor that makes you jump out of your seat. Great game still, and definitely in my top 3 best gamecube titles. As for Crystal Chronicles, it's not really my favourite genre, but it sound like it's something special.
Sun 14/03/04 at 19:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ali, did I just see you praise a game?

A game called Sunshine?

I thought for sure you'd hate that massive peice of gorgeousness.

My favourite game ever.

Though that should be contended when Halo 2 is released...
Sun 14/03/04 at 19:49
Regular
Twas a bold statement to make but it would be damn hilarious if someone stole the ideas before release.

Although I can't see it failing, Sunshine was a stroke of pure genius and I am sure this will follow in the same vain.
Sun 14/03/04 at 19:46
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The fearful thing is that you're probably right, djerrud.

And I'll buy the £100 baloon periperal, to help me kill those nasty crows...
Sun 14/03/04 at 19:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm telling you, the Mario 128 'innovation' will be some sort of expensive peripheral
Sun 14/03/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Oops....

Sorry!
Sun 14/03/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
A 3d Super Mario World would be amazing. I like the cape... probably more than the Feather.. not in looks (the Raccoon was cool), but in function. You floated, span, that spinning jump was good. Might get SMW again, for GBA.

Speaking of GBA, I recently played MOH: Infiltrator, and man is that hard! Well, the later levels are. The sound is pretty mint, too. "Man Down, MAN DOWN!" Comedy.

I hope the DS, or 'Nitro', does well. It has a lot of potential. 4 player Four Swords II on thebus on the way home. 4 vs 4 Goldeneye in the 6 hour queue at Halo 2 Launch. The potential is there, and the touch-screen sounds dead sexy.

I wonder where Nintendo are going with Mario 128. I thought they might do a Quantum Leap, sort of thing, and make Mario travel in time, and take on different roles, like an adventure game. You could have... say.. Princess Peach is Caught by Bowser (Wait, this IS different! :)) Mario needs to save the day... it's a given, but he can't, because he's swimming around Peaches Castle, when she's taken. He isn't ready. Latiku/Toad, decide to help Mario by showing him a time portal, where he can go back in time and change the past to prepare himself for Peaches abduction. The time machine is fuelled by Blue Mushrooms. The machine malfunctions, and Mario is send to the Wild Wild West, where the locals, (aptly dressed ancesstors of members of the mushroom kingdom help him find the rare Blue Mushrooms to fuel another jump. He lands in Space, The Future, Atlantis, Lava World, etc and eventually makes it back home for the final showdown... until the next Mario game, that is.

So yeah, Mario 128 is 'Quantum Leap with Mario and Blue Mushrooms', or so I predict.

My brother is addicted to MSN, what a dork, time to kick him off!

GAME
Sun 14/03/04 at 06:01
Regular
It lives! Game, that is.

Or: Huh, someone whose name I remember from ages ago.
Sun 14/03/04 at 04:37
Regular
"Rendering Women."
I've been playing Prince of Persia again trying to complete it within three hours, it's quite fun todo and really does help before I pill myself to sleep.

As for anything else - Mario World on the GBA is just splendid... I really do remember doing nearly all of it though so the secrets and StarRoad isn't as fun anymore :(

Next Mario game - BRING BACK THE CAPE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.