GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you ever hate gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 20:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'm not sure what to do. I've got nobody to jump up onto. I've decided to sit back down and try again.

Gaming is dying for me, it's trully fizzling out. It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, and it's not even that I don't have time for it. I think the answer lies in the fact I don't abuse gaming and use it as my form of escapism anymore. Now I've turned to writing, filming and my mind for that. What then becomes of the games? The world which in all honestly brought me up through the rough as I tried to ignore the pain that I had everything else reminding me of.

I'm trying. Immediately after I finish writing this I shall go and pick up Prince of Persia and enjoy. Try to enjoy. It's a superb game, but I find myself distracted by pretty things flying past my window. Even if they aren't actually there.

I'll blame this bout and topic on depression and insomnia. I haven't slept since Saturday and I'm becoming very weird. I'm living on Mountain Dew!

Anyways - my question! Do you ever just hate gaming?
Sun 14/03/04 at 01:23
Regular
Game wrote:

Some stuff.......

*Eyes wide open*

Let me check this

Game wrote:

No no imagination.

DUDE where've you been?
Sun 14/03/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Gaming bores me a lot of the time. It's fun, with friends, but not much on your own. Co-Op Halo is 10 times better than Single Player. One with Plasma Weapons, one with human. Friday night saw us delve into the Nintendo Realm of Final Fantasy. Crystal Chronicals. Not a bad game, judging from first impressions. It's probably going to take a while, if we only play it when we're together, which is the idea. Creating a character and setting off took us a good hour, exploring every nook and cranny, fighting friendly for pick-ups.

Multi-player gaming is good, together, rather than on-line. Every Wednesday, we have 'Halo Night' at mine. Technically, it changes, Halo, Pro Evo, FF:CC, Mario Kart, Halo, More Halo. The Mode Average appropriating the name. There's something special about being together, and playing. You're not on your own, in a room, with fake 'friends' waiting to talk, only to be subjected to UK-Train-Like delays from loud-mouth foreIGNers!

Live is good.. Don't get me wrong,.. but it can never beat being together. You can't virtually dig your mate in the arm for stealing your Sniper, and adding insult to injury by sticking a Plasma Grenade to your MJOLNIR-armoured back.

But yeah, back on track, most games bore me, especially alone. Evo, Halo, FF:CC, are all made better by togetherness.

I hated that in Toe Jam and Earl... you were Funklord, livin' it up on level 18, and your idiot now ex-friend, still drowning on level 4 meant that your Randomizer-Togetherness combo set you back a good 6 hours of adventuring! Good job your next present was Slingshot, your ex-friend Earl dies... just don't give the dork one of your lives!

Toe Jam and Earl was good. Don't know what happened to the second one, and I won't even think about 3.... (Ulgh, I thought about it!)

Latisha - Pah!

Well, to all game makers... we need more Secret of Mana's and More Street Fighter II Turbos! I don't know why, perhaps because they're still played today, and still have the magic.

Now, on-to eBay to replace my late Super Nintendo!

GAME
Fri 12/03/04 at 15:48
Regular
"rules"
URL
Fri 12/03/04 at 15:47
Regular
"rules"
well url to enter a cool tropic about more interesting games
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:02
Regular
I mean right now I've got loads of work to do in regards to uni etc... but come Easter and Summer I'm free to do whatever... which includes gaming.

And with no games coming out in summer... the 70 odd games I'm sure to have by then will come into play.
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:00
Regular
I just seem to buy games these days... like a collector... rather than play them.
Thu 11/03/04 at 14:37
Regular
"8==="
or being to knackered to play for another half hour when you know the game only has a half hour left of play.
Thu 11/03/04 at 14:36
Regular
"8==="
I hate it when I'm too tired to game but I want to game.
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I don't hate it, but I can be apathetic to it.

Meh, I'll still play games, regardless of whether for hours like I used to or not.
Wed 10/03/04 at 20:01
Regular
"rules"
has anyone got some cheats for warioland 4 as i can not find any on the other websites

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.