GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you ever hate gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 20:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'm not sure what to do. I've got nobody to jump up onto. I've decided to sit back down and try again.

Gaming is dying for me, it's trully fizzling out. It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, and it's not even that I don't have time for it. I think the answer lies in the fact I don't abuse gaming and use it as my form of escapism anymore. Now I've turned to writing, filming and my mind for that. What then becomes of the games? The world which in all honestly brought me up through the rough as I tried to ignore the pain that I had everything else reminding me of.

I'm trying. Immediately after I finish writing this I shall go and pick up Prince of Persia and enjoy. Try to enjoy. It's a superb game, but I find myself distracted by pretty things flying past my window. Even if they aren't actually there.

I'll blame this bout and topic on depression and insomnia. I haven't slept since Saturday and I'm becoming very weird. I'm living on Mountain Dew!

Anyways - my question! Do you ever just hate gaming?
Mon 15/03/04 at 19:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yup, I've become estranged from gaming over the past 2 years. In that time I've bought only 3 new games. It's not that I don't enjoy a new game, but gaming no longer has the pull that gives me the impetus to go and get a new game. I no longer feel I'm missing out when a 'new classic' goes flying by.

I recently got Hitman 2 and am enjoying it immensely but it's not the all-consuming enjoyment that I got when I first got Super Mario World. Games appeal doesn't last very long for me now, I just get bored of it.
I hadn't touched my GC for 6 months until I got Hitman 2. Instead I was (infrequently) playing Syndicate, Streetfighter or Super Mario World on my SNES.

I think Dan hit the nail on the head, we're simply moving on from gaming.

Shame really...
Mon 15/03/04 at 11:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
make it four, and add Holly Valance into the equation...
Mon 15/03/04 at 11:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
tributé wrote:
> You can't beat 8 hour sessions of new games...

Three hours in bed with Rachel Stevens?
Sun 14/03/04 at 21:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You can't beat 8 hour sessions of new games...
Sun 14/03/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I wouldn't say I've ever hated gaming, but I certainly don't play games as much as I used to, as I felt I was wasting a heck of a lot of time sitting in front of my TV just playing games. However I have been playing KOTOR for an unhealthy amount of time today.

;)
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:30
Regular
"rules"
do you cool
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:17
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The slide one was laughably easy.

Some of the later ones were quite hard, which is why i enjoyed them - i knew I could do it, but it just wasn't letting me.

Like a Donky with a Carrot dangling on a string in front of it, the goal was always just one step away from me.

Same thing for Tony Hawks.

I like attainably hard things.
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:11
Regular
The offworld challenges were indeed great fun. The slide near the beginning was one of my favourites although they did get increasingly nails further down the line.
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:10
Regular
I'm hoping you get a free Raccoon suit with built-in movement capture and buttons for different attacks. Now that would rock.
Sun 14/03/04 at 20:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If they made a whole game full of those little off-world challenges, i'd pay much money

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.