GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WINNER ANNOUNCED - Gameaday Prize for Best Idea for a Gameaday Prize Comp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/07 at 17:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
COMPETITION CLOSED

AND THE WINNER IS:

AliBoy for his BINGO suggestion. I am hoping to trial this for a few weeks as soon as we have had a chance to program it. Each user will get a Bingo card in their MyFreeola profiles page, and the random numbers will be displayed on the forums through the week. I like this because it provides us with something to promote in one of the e-mail bulletins, and it might encourage people to visit the forums more regularly.

Well done AliBoy. This win should be on the winners list within the next week.

There were some other excellent suggestions, and I particularly liked pb's Find Something Free suggestion, and AliBoy's slant on a Talent Competition, where each user has only one entry of any kind (though there are the obvious alter-identity issues with this).

One of our £30 Gameaday Prizes will go to the winner of this competition.

Your task is to suggest the best idea for a Gameaday Competition to be held on the chat forums at some time in the future. If the winning idea is worthy enough, then we will promote it in the next issue of our fabulous Freeola News Bulletin, to attract competitive types to the forums.

You have two weeks to come up with your idea. The closing date is Midnight on February 7th.

Your idea must work within the normal framework of the chat forums and you should explain it fully and in good English.

ABSOLUTELY NO edited posts will be considered and if the same idea is suggested several times it will be the first one which counts.

Enter this competition at any time between now and Feb 7th, simply by posting your idea on this thread, perhaps starting with the phrase "My incredible idea is..."

You can enter as many times as you want but we reserve the right to delete the entire works of competition spammers.

Extra brownies will go to anybody who's idea seems likely to produce something useful, or would encourage a high level of interest.

Nope - we will not run a Cutest Forum User's Baby Competition.
Thu 25/01/07 at 19:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
How about, an Online Poker Tournament. Use a random card generator (loads online)... Needs a bit of fine tuining...

OK, give me a while... I call all card game/ board game ideas :P
Thu 25/01/07 at 19:11
"possibly impossible"
hm. How about...

Best Way to promote the site Competition
Users come up with ideas for promoting this site and getting more visitors. Points awarded for inventiveness and originality.

or

Most original idea for a new forum
Obviously something that could be hosted and would bring in business.

or

Freeola Advertising Bonanza
Produce a picture of you or someone you know holding a Freeola logo. Crowded places get more bonus points!

or

Song for Freeola
Sing your heart out and create a cult classic parody about freeola, or just sing something you like. Louie Walsh not included.
Thu 25/01/07 at 18:25
Regular
An Ultimate Freeola Insult Tournament. Where flaming is encouraged.
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:50
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Redesign the Freeola logo for each festive holiday of the year. The best ones will appear in place of the current Freeola logo (and obviously must still contain the Freeola logo) around the time of the appropriate festive times of the year.
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:28
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Vampyr wrote:
> Write a coherent story with as many film names / song titles as
> possible.
>
> Best story wins

Oh gawd, don't get Fate going on this.
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:18
Regular
"eat toast!"
An art compo would be great. Although i assume most of you aren't that great at drawing, so i guess its more about conception rather then artistic skills. Although it would certainly help.

I was thinking help design avatars or imaginery characters of some of the users/techies/mods on these boards.
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:16
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Write a coherent story with as many film names / song titles as possible.

Best story wins
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
COMPETITION CLOSED

AND THE WINNER IS:

AliBoy for his BINGO suggestion. I am hoping to trial this for a few weeks as soon as we have had a chance to program it. Each user will get a Bingo card in their MyFreeola profiles page, and the random numbers will be displayed on the forums through the week. I like this because it provides us with something to promote in one of the e-mail bulletins, and it might encourage people to visit the forums more regularly.

Well done AliBoy. This win should be on the winners list within the next week.

There were some other excellent suggestions, and I particularly liked pb's Find Something Free suggestion, and AliBoy's slant on a Talent Competition, where each user has only one entry of any kind (though there are the obvious alter-identity issues with this).

One of our £30 Gameaday Prizes will go to the winner of this competition.

Your task is to suggest the best idea for a Gameaday Competition to be held on the chat forums at some time in the future. If the winning idea is worthy enough, then we will promote it in the next issue of our fabulous Freeola News Bulletin, to attract competitive types to the forums.

You have two weeks to come up with your idea. The closing date is Midnight on February 7th.

Your idea must work within the normal framework of the chat forums and you should explain it fully and in good English.

ABSOLUTELY NO edited posts will be considered and if the same idea is suggested several times it will be the first one which counts.

Enter this competition at any time between now and Feb 7th, simply by posting your idea on this thread, perhaps starting with the phrase "My incredible idea is..."

You can enter as many times as you want but we reserve the right to delete the entire works of competition spammers.

Extra brownies will go to anybody who's idea seems likely to produce something useful, or would encourage a high level of interest.

Nope - we will not run a Cutest Forum User's Baby Competition.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.