GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WINNER ANNOUNCED - Gameaday Prize for Best Idea for a Gameaday Prize Comp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/07 at 17:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
COMPETITION CLOSED

AND THE WINNER IS:

AliBoy for his BINGO suggestion. I am hoping to trial this for a few weeks as soon as we have had a chance to program it. Each user will get a Bingo card in their MyFreeola profiles page, and the random numbers will be displayed on the forums through the week. I like this because it provides us with something to promote in one of the e-mail bulletins, and it might encourage people to visit the forums more regularly.

Well done AliBoy. This win should be on the winners list within the next week.

There were some other excellent suggestions, and I particularly liked pb's Find Something Free suggestion, and AliBoy's slant on a Talent Competition, where each user has only one entry of any kind (though there are the obvious alter-identity issues with this).

One of our £30 Gameaday Prizes will go to the winner of this competition.

Your task is to suggest the best idea for a Gameaday Competition to be held on the chat forums at some time in the future. If the winning idea is worthy enough, then we will promote it in the next issue of our fabulous Freeola News Bulletin, to attract competitive types to the forums.

You have two weeks to come up with your idea. The closing date is Midnight on February 7th.

Your idea must work within the normal framework of the chat forums and you should explain it fully and in good English.

ABSOLUTELY NO edited posts will be considered and if the same idea is suggested several times it will be the first one which counts.

Enter this competition at any time between now and Feb 7th, simply by posting your idea on this thread, perhaps starting with the phrase "My incredible idea is..."

You can enter as many times as you want but we reserve the right to delete the entire works of competition spammers.

Extra brownies will go to anybody who's idea seems likely to produce something useful, or would encourage a high level of interest.

Nope - we will not run a Cutest Forum User's Baby Competition.
Sun 04/02/07 at 11:49
Regular
sg_nl90 wrote:
> look it's an e.g. it means only an example, amount could be
> e.g. a penny, a pound.

then why not put eg a penny, a pound? 100 pounds was a bit ott.
Sat 03/02/07 at 21:05
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
NickGreen wrote:
> sg_nl90 wrote:
> Best bargin of Ebay, set a limit e.g. £100 and see who
> gets
> the best deal,
>
> Like people are going to want to spend 100 pounds for a 30 pound
> prize.......
>
> or are you suggesting that you dont buy the item, just point it
> out?

look it's an e.g. it means only an example, amount could be e.g. a penny, a pound.
Sat 03/02/07 at 19:02
Regular
sg_nl90 wrote:
> Best bargin of Ebay, set a limit e.g. £100 and see who gets
> the best deal,

Like people are going to want to spend 100 pounds for a 30 pound prize.......

or are you suggesting that you dont buy the item, just point it out?
Sat 03/02/07 at 18:45
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
Best bargin of Ebay, set a limit e.g. £100 and see who gets the best deal,
Fri 02/02/07 at 20:21
Regular
A debating competition where we all discuss our views on different subjects. IE Stemcell research right or wrong
Thu 01/02/07 at 22:58
Regular
"I may return"
Ah, now there's an idea... I'm a shoe in! (Weird saying :s )

Just look at my tagline :)
Thu 01/02/07 at 22:48
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Have a talent contest

Obviously being a community as such everyone has different abilities and talents - some are good story tellers and writers, others are a dab hand at creating graphics, drawing, coding some uber program for a website or good at photography etc.

Create a post asking each user to submit 1 (and only 1) post that shows off their talent. Then either leave it to the community to judge the best ones or have the staffies decide. The winner gets a GAD, or a unique user name status (like Most Talented User)

Could run one every few months if it works.
Thu 01/02/07 at 19:24
Regular
how about a bingo sort of game. I know someone else has already suggested this, but I feel my way around it is easier and faster to do.

Staffies make a grid of x's or o's and then randomly select 5 of these out of the grid to be the bingo numbers or gaps. For example, here is the grid

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

staffies must select 5 from this grid and somehow remember these 5. Like this,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
xxxxxoxxxxxxxxx
xoxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxoxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxoxxx (the o's being the winning numbers of course)

Each person who wishes to enter, posts their grid, with the o's in the places they think the staffies have chosen for the winning gaps. Each person is only allowed to enter once each time, and then when competition has closed, staffies submit the winning grid. It will be hard to win as their are a lot of gaps and only 5 chances, so what you could do is say that each person is aloud 10 chances at guessing, of which only 5 are needed to win. If still no one wins, then the 30 pound vouchers are saved and piled up, until the next bingo competition (of which the prize will then be 60 pound voucher)
Thu 01/02/07 at 19:15
Regular
lol yeh pilok......oh I mean pilko, sorry.

d ;-)
Thu 01/02/07 at 15:47
Regular
""none""
pilko182 wrote:
> why not start an annual film festival, hold a competition every
> year challenging people to create their own movies and then
> showcase them on the website

Some people, *hint* *hint* me don't have a camera. And that takes a lot of time. And I doubt people will go through that lengths for a £30 voucher.

We want something fast and easy, that doesn't require too much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.