GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WINNER ANNOUNCED - Gameaday Prize for Best Idea for a Gameaday Prize Comp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/07 at 17:11
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
COMPETITION CLOSED

AND THE WINNER IS:

AliBoy for his BINGO suggestion. I am hoping to trial this for a few weeks as soon as we have had a chance to program it. Each user will get a Bingo card in their MyFreeola profiles page, and the random numbers will be displayed on the forums through the week. I like this because it provides us with something to promote in one of the e-mail bulletins, and it might encourage people to visit the forums more regularly.

Well done AliBoy. This win should be on the winners list within the next week.

There were some other excellent suggestions, and I particularly liked pb's Find Something Free suggestion, and AliBoy's slant on a Talent Competition, where each user has only one entry of any kind (though there are the obvious alter-identity issues with this).

One of our £30 Gameaday Prizes will go to the winner of this competition.

Your task is to suggest the best idea for a Gameaday Competition to be held on the chat forums at some time in the future. If the winning idea is worthy enough, then we will promote it in the next issue of our fabulous Freeola News Bulletin, to attract competitive types to the forums.

You have two weeks to come up with your idea. The closing date is Midnight on February 7th.

Your idea must work within the normal framework of the chat forums and you should explain it fully and in good English.

ABSOLUTELY NO edited posts will be considered and if the same idea is suggested several times it will be the first one which counts.

Enter this competition at any time between now and Feb 7th, simply by posting your idea on this thread, perhaps starting with the phrase "My incredible idea is..."

You can enter as many times as you want but we reserve the right to delete the entire works of competition spammers.

Extra brownies will go to anybody who's idea seems likely to produce something useful, or would encourage a high level of interest.

Nope - we will not run a Cutest Forum User's Baby Competition.
Sun 11/02/07 at 21:11
Regular
"I may return"
Which proves my argument about the math geeks at school :P
Sun 11/02/07 at 21:08
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Isn't bingo that game old women and retards play?
Fri 09/02/07 at 09:32
Regular
"eat toast!"
YES! BINGO!

Prizes? Who knows? it could be the start of email based games in the future using our freeola accounts. Look forward to this. You will mention when this is ready right?
Thu 08/02/07 at 16:23
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
AliBoy wrote:
> Thanks a lot. Very much appreaciated.
>
> Look forward to seeing how the Bingo goes.
>
> HOUSE! :0)

That's OK, now you can have a go at the next competition, the Get Dotted Challenge.
Thu 08/02/07 at 16:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thanks a lot. Very much appreaciated.

Look forward to seeing how the Bingo goes.

HOUSE! :0)
Thu 08/02/07 at 15:35
"possibly impossible"
Well done Aliboy.
Thu 08/02/07 at 15:34
Regular
"I may return"
Congrats
Wed 07/02/07 at 23:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Draw staffies and members

Get us all to create images using our fav graphics programs or paint. Images could be what you think the person really likes or a character style image to match the users/staffies name or personallity.
Wed 07/02/07 at 23:07
Regular
"Captain to you."
I imagine freeola having more of a bunker.

Personally i would like to see some sort of design or art like competition that was run on a fortnightly or monthly basis.

Maybe design freeola wallpapers or along Shiggy's idea of creating something either real/digital or edited and presenting images based on a theme much like the SSC.
Tue 06/02/07 at 19:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Recommend a friend
Users recommend the site to friends (online and real life) who then come and be part of the community. When they sign up they provide their details and those of the user who recommended the site to them. Staff can then work out which user has recommended the site and got the most sign ups. With some sort of prize being awarded to the winner who gets people to join in and stay and be part of the community.

Some users may try cheat the system and sign up multiple times as themselves - not sure if that means they have no friends or would just be desperate to win, either way I'm sure there are easy ways to check how genunie each sign up is.

Build SR Towers
Back in the day we had to draw SR towers. Now in the true style of blue peter you must use household items (empty washing up bottle optional) to build your version of SR towers. THey then upload some pictures of the building process and contain a list of what they used to build it. Prize goes to the user with the best design and artistic flair.

Could also change if from being build SR towers to something one of the staffies decides.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.