GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If any game could be made it a movie what game would you..................."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/03/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
If a game on any console was going to made into a real movie,which game would you want it to be?I'd love there to be a Jak and Daxter movie!What game would you choose?
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I would like to see a Shenmue trilogy, that way we may be able to get the dang story finished. I think it would have to be an Anime movie to have the proper impact though, as Hollywood wastes everything decent.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:36
Regular
They were a bit rubbish though.

I'd like to see games companies promote interest in fan fiction for their titles - and then perhaps publish a compilation of the best ones. Final Fantasy, Zelda, Morrowind and any other epic game would fit the idea perfectly.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:33
Regular
"8==="
Halo was turned into a few books.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:30
Regular
Games into books, thats interesting.... i've seen it done for Diablo, Starcraft and Resident evil, what do u all think?
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:26
Regular
Yeah, that's true.

I feel this argument is getting nitpicky and pedantic now, so I think I'll shut up. Looking back, lalakersrule didn't exactly say what I thought he did - it was what somebody else said that threw me.

I think we all understand each other now anyway :-)
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:20
Regular
"8==="
It's dubious that the film would be a direct copy. Games don't translate direct to film without a lengthy process of changes.
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:29
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Yep, many films are like that nowadays. 28 days later was basically a
> re-make of the third Romero Zombie movie. Titan AE makes loads of
> references to other movies, The Fast and the Furious was a collage of
> various 'cop goes undercover' movies and 'street racing' movies all
> the stereotypes were gleefully there and as for XXX being anything
> but a smorgasboard (sp?) of action movie cliches...

Right, you're mixing up cliches with direct copies.
Thu 18/03/04 at 21:59
Regular
total recall? that was on mars, but yeah, totaly different plots.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:55
Regular
"8==="
Red Faction would have to star Arnie. :D
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Quite a few, er, Red Faction would make a good film, as would silent hill. Max Payne that would be a class game to film transfer. Half Life, don't know, what do you think? But I think the best ones to do would be either, MGS, Splinter Cell or Grand Theft Auto: VC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.