GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harvest Moon!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harvest Moon'.
Fri 26/03/04 at 11:05
Regular
Got this today, 'tis brilliant.

So far I've got a big-faced dog called... Bigface, a cow called Rainbow, loads of milk and some 'cultivated land' watered.

I haven't played ti for long, about 15 minutes, but it really is amazing.

Get it.
Page:
Sun 28/03/04 at 13:42
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> Hey hey, at least we're not flaming anyone, you blasted notable
>
> Whoops.

Yes but when did some farming sim turn into some guy who sneaks around killing people :P funny if you think about it.
Sun 28/03/04 at 13:42
Regular
You can't get the ponytailed girl. There are only three up for grabs; the alchy, the tramp and the stubborn b*tch.

The amount of time I wasted on that Chris person. Bah!
Sun 28/03/04 at 13:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I want to marry that ponytailed girl from the dig site, but she's in love with the professor. If only I can crack her. She doesn't like flowers, or Moon Ore, or even Human Heads statues, so what am I supposed to do? I guess I'll have to marry Celia because Muffy freaks me out, with her constant pandering to "come and see my farm" I think it's a euphemism for something else. Celia wants to "see my fields", which somehow seems les odd to me. Maybe I just don't like Griffin - I think he would force me into a shotgun wedding. Plus Celia doesn't seem to have a house so I would like to give her one. Now there's a good euphemism

Oh, and I really want to feed the little forest elves some food because they're always so hungry, but they never accept any of my food.
Sun 28/03/04 at 13:31
Regular
I have four chickens.... one I bred myself and called Machine :-D

I think you can only hatch one though :-\
Sun 28/03/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
It's a strange game this one, who would have thought a farming sim would be so good? It's a very relaxing game to play, but yet it's very involving at the same time.

I haven't really done all that much yet, I have the cow (Daisy, I'm very unimaginative) and the little dog, I just bought a pond and I also bought a fishing rod too. I've 'hoed' all of my land and planted loads and loads of tomato seeds as well, and that's about all I've done so far. Not much is it? But as I say, still very enjoyable, especially the fishing, with the sound of the water and the birds singing all round.

I plan to get a couple of chickens today and maybe a few more cows, possibly some sheep too. Then I'll need to see about getting some upgraded tools and buildings.

There is one thing worth mentioning about this game though, it does take quite a bit of time to get into it, but if you stick with it for a few hours it does improve, also, if anyone isn't sure about buying this due to the farming content, you shouldn't worry about it because as I say, it's surprisingly enjoyable.
Sun 28/03/04 at 12:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
In their diary's! Celia's is on her bed. Anyhoo I have ordered my first rooster called Claus, and have a chicken called Turner. I am looking to get 3 more chickens called Hooch, Starksy, and Hutch! Booyeah!
Sun 28/03/04 at 12:48
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ashman wrote:

>
> I am on Summer 4 i think. I have proposed to Celia and I think we
> get married at the end of the season. I have a pointy eared dog
> called Smudge, a cow called Bob (the originality), a horse called
> Epona and am about to get a hen, rooster and a pond.

Update:

My Rooster is called Bob... Odd. Oh, and two Hen's (Tarts- always lay fertalised eggs ;))

I proposed to Celia on day 2.. and now we're engaged, whoo. She took me up to the pond to talk about blue feathers.

I got a horse on Summer 1... called it Billy. And my long-eared dog is called scruff.

You called your cow bob? But it's a sow! Mine's called Rosie, and I'll buy a Bull when I have enough money.

Oh, and I'm on summer 4.
Sun 28/03/04 at 12:47
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> so i may not be in time, seeing as I just bought a pond.
>
> What does it do...the pond?

You can put ducks in it :-\

Anyhoo, what's all this talk of hearts? Do you mean when you give them something and they give a little heart in their text...?

:-\
Sun 28/03/04 at 12:43
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Back onto Harvest Moon.
>
> I have a tiny way to go to complete Prince of Persia

Hehehehe.
Sun 28/03/04 at 12:31
Regular
Back onto Harvest Moon.

I have a tiny way to go to complete Prince of Persia, I haven't even played Beyond Good and Evil and I've just bought Harvest Moon, Metal Gear Solid and Everything or Nothing.

Harvest Moon surpasses them all, absolutly addictive and heavily involving.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.