GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When Dringo snapped..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/04 at 10:15
Regular
Being a die-hard Nintendo fan is not easy you know. Every morning I get up, bow to my Gamecube, kiss all my joy pads and religiously study the manuals of all my Nintendo games (SNES. NES, N64, Gamecube and Gameboy). Every piece of negative news I spin into a positive light, I do it so well, Nintendo should hire me as their PR wizard.

But I’ve had enough. Nintendo you are one ******* stupid bloody piece of ****. That’s right it is I, the legendary Dringo, he who can not be slain by Playstation and starves off the threat of the X-box who is saying this you proud ******. What the hell are you playing at? I’m a WESTERN NINTENDO FAN, I don’t get all those ******* titles from Japan with the words Giftipia or Animal Forest printed on the side. And the ones I do get, Doshin the ******* Giant, turns out to be a pile of utter toss.

Every time I spin some negative news article into a positive light but why? Who’s the idiot now ah? You cut second party ties with a certain Left Field, Left Field (NBA courtside and Excitebike 64) are your sports developer; they make your sports games. But oh look you don’t REALLY need them now SEGA has gone multi-format with their sports range. So remove them, who cares. Oh well look at that, less than a year later and SEGA cancel all their sports titles for the Gamecube. WOOPS! Now whom can you turn to? That’s right NO ONE, I have noticed you are now making your own mature sports games (the upcoming Legend of Golfer) but it’s too late.

Ah yes Nintendo, now onto Rare Ware. My previous status was that “they’re crap anyway” and that “they lost Nintendo money”. ********, you ARE dumb aren’t you Nintendo? Want to know why they didn’t make you much money in the year before you sold them? Because they didn’t ACTUALLY release any bloody games! Rare Ware are an unresponsive developer but they were your other half, they are more than Silicon Knights, Left Field, HAL etc... put together. They made Banjo, Conker, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong and Perfect Dark… all of these are BIG Nintendo releases, well they would have been if you hadn’t ******* sold them! Look at this, your sales aren’t up to scratch! Could this be down to a certain absence of a company that made half your AAA titles? It nearly forced me away, but then that was okay, at least you have Retro Studios and Silicon Knights.

Oh Sympathy where have you gone.

First off you crush Retro Studio’s. A bit of a re-shuffle was needed, EAD’s help was appreciated on Metroid Prime. BUT did you really need to destroy the 4 teams that were there into 1? Raven Blade, that racer and that football game WAS exactly what Nintendo Gamecube lacks. A decent footy game, a decent exclusive racing title and a mature action RPG. But you cancelled them. Did you really have to scrap all those games?

And now modern day. The one that made me snap. I love Silicon Knights. True they are hardly a true example of Nintendo (prefer cinematic gameplay and adult games) but that was the point. Nintendo you’ve told me time and time again how you want to be more “adult” and Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes are YOUR most mature games. And you cut ties with the company behind them? Too Human can now return to the PS2, which it was originally coded for, and you’ve lost yet another special western developer.

I know Nintendo. You have loads of second parties, some I never even knew about including that new sports developer SETA (ever heard of them? No neither have I). But Rare, Silicon Knights, the full Retro team and Left Field could have all pushed Nintendo in both Europe and America. You would have defeated Microsoft and competed more fiercely. But instead you try to get exclusives from other companies that simply do not sell. Capcom are having to cancel their plans to keep Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 exclusive and cannot wait for the Resident Evil deal to expire. Namco are doing okay but that’s because they hardly support Nintendo as much as they support Sony. SEGA have been drifting away ever so slowly, remember the Virtual Fighter RPG and the sonic series were once exclusive to Nintendo. They are both now lost.

So tell me Nintendo, who do you have left to sell your product to the western world? You don’t have Rare, you don’t have Silicon Knights, you don’t have Left field. Christ you don’t even have Capcom anymore. And in fact you’ve even lost Dringo, your most avid supporter. Sure I love Zelda and Mario, but I’m a western gamer, I have western needs and the only western game you actually make is Metroid Prime, and I don’t even like it.

Maybe one day you’ll acquire some killer, high profile companies such as Capcom, Midway or Free Radical Design. But in the mean time I need to raise funds for an X-box. After all a western Nintendo fan needs his Rare.

Dringo.
Page:
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:50
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> SELL YOUR GC WHILE ITS STILL WORTH SOMTHING. And with the £30
> you get for it, but a Dreamcast from the second hand store, now THATS
> a console.

C*ck; C*ck, there "iv" said it.

I hope you aren't a fat person otherwise there is going to be a lot of brown to flush away.
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:53
Regular
He's right in calling Dreamcast a legend.

Wrong in calling Gamecube a pathetic excuse for a console.

Nintendo are being a bit pathetic.
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:56
Regular
I meant all that crap about the Xbox having 20 top exclusives as well as the GameCube rant. Love him to make a fool of himself and name them.
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Online play. VMU (GBA Link up but better if I do say so myself).

hahahahahahaahahahahhaahha. HAHAHAHA. Listen to yourself. VMU better than the GBA? That is THE most ridiculous thing that I have EVER heard.
The VMU did NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING. You could see a pong style version of the court in virtua tennis - that was about it. The rest of the time it was just NOTHING. The VMU was just a memory card with a screen so that Sega could sell their memory cards for £20.
Explain to me why the VMU was better than the GBA link up. Go on. You will fail. Because it clearly isn't.

And stop complaining about Silicon Knights. Eternal Darkness was good, but that's only ONE game. Rare have made ONE game for Microsoft and it was completely average. Left Field were not that good (Excitebike 64 was excellent but that's just ONE game with which they were helped by EAD anyway)

Nintendo don't need these second parties as much as you think. ALl of the decent second party games are partly constructed by a Nintendo team anyway, so what we really need is more first party developments. And give some of them to NOA, so they can make your so-craved 'Western' games.
Wed 14/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
Silicon Knights are a cracking development team, Eternal Darkness was the mutts nuts, as was Twin Snakes.

As for the VMU, Final Fantasy alone makes any GBA link up far better than anything on the VMU. gerrid mentioned the better part of the VMU with the Virtua Tennis screen, not that I ever look at it.
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
NBA courtside 2002 was a decent game from Left Field too.

Rare have so much character they are a gutting loss and Silicon Knights are a top team.

Nintendo need to make up for this,I wonder how good this "SETA" is... I might do some research.

Be right back.
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh yes, and you could look at your saves while your DC wasn't turned on, and then delete or corrupt them because it was so unclear what the buttons did.

MGS is excellent but Silicon KNights didn't make it, remember, they just ported it and spruced it up a little, which almost any decent development team could do (I bet even Koei could have done it).
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:08
Regular
The cut scenes alone were all credit to Silicon Knights and they really were special.
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:08
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Dringo's gone ker-azzzzzzzzzeee! W00T! :D
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If cut scenes made games then Square-Enix would be the best developer on the planet. They're not.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.