GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime 2 - First Shots! 4-Player!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Fuzzy scans from the new Game Informer:

"Dark Samus"?: [URL] http://cubed-3.co.uk/staff/tempo88/metprime2_aprilscan1.jpg [/URL]

Samus looks at a map: [URL] http://cubed-3.co.uk/staff/tempo88/metprime2_aprilscan2.jpg [/URL]

Huge three-headed worm boss: [URL] http://cubed-3.co.uk/staff/tempo88/metprime2_aprilscan3.jpg [/URL]

The 4-Player in action: [URL] http://cubed-3.co.uk/staff/tempo88/metprime2_aprilscan4.jpg [/URL]

Blasting some ugly space pirate: [URL] http://cubed-3.co.uk/staff/tempo88/metprime2_aprilscan5.jpg [/URL]

2nd Edit: Ok, they *DO* all work now. So shuddup :p
Sun 18/04/04 at 15:27
Regular
I thought the bosses were great. They were always challenging, without being unfairly frustrating (unlike the combat in Prince of Persia. I never really found anything wrong with Prime, the backtracking didn't bother me because that's what Metroid games are all about, I can't really see why people cared so much about it seeing as areas would change depending on how far through the game you are.

Beyond the control system I've had no problem with it (although after a few minutes play it became fluent). Action is lackign at times, but combat is normally broken up with morphball puzzles and the like.
Sun 18/04/04 at 15:20
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

> Easily the best game of this generation so far.

Even though a large majority of the people who played it found it unintresting and on the whole dire to play.

I'm not one of those, I enjoyed parts of it. Technically it was impressive, but game play wise I just found it very drawn out and lacking of any real excitement. Add to that the stupidly frustrating and boring end of game bosses, and I finished the game hating it more than anything else.
Sun 18/04/04 at 15:08
Regular
I'd hardly say Prime is overrated. It deserves every one of its brilliant scores, because as of yet it's unsurpassed technically, in terms of gameplay and is quimply brilliant.

Easily the best game of this generation so far.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Oh and Retro are not FPS experts. They've made one highly overrated
> game that would have been a load of crap if it wasn't for the guiding
> hand of Nintendo looking over them.

Retro are made up of people from Rare, Acclaim's Turok team, The half life team and ID software.

Here have a cookie.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:00
Regular
Nintendo Gamecube sales rose 30% when Metroid Prime was released and the game hit the top of the charts.

How did that not shift consoles?
Sat 17/04/04 at 16:32
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> I really don't get you lot. You moan when there's nothing new and you
> moan when there's something new.

I moan because it looks rubbish. If this all the once powerful Nintendo have up their sleeves then I really gotta say joining up with Microsoft is their best option. Metroid Prime didn't sell consoles, so bringing out a sequel with some half-arsed split screen deathmatch isn't gonna change that.

Oh and Retro are not FPS experts. They've made one highly overrated game that would have been a load of crap if it wasn't for the guiding hand of Nintendo looking over them.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I mean how many multiplayer
> games allow you to role in a ball and drop bombs.

Reminds me of some Super Monkey Ball mini-games, to be honest.
Sat 17/04/04 at 11:21
Regular
Well Metroid Prime is now a series in itself, almost seperate to the actual "metroid" series. I hope to see 3D samus in third person on the DS or the next gameboy.

As for Prime, all of these shots are fuzzy from the Games informer magazine. Other than that they all look real and the idea of a multiplayer from the FPS experts that are Retro Studio's is a fantastic idea.

I really don't get you lot. You moan when there's nothing new and you moan when there's something new.

The multiplayer will be on the side of the main quest... Metroid Prime works well as an FPS... It really does and the idea of a multiplayer is the next logical step. I mean how many multiplayer games allow you to role in a ball and drop bombs.
Fri 16/04/04 at 22:41
Regular
Even then, despite being fun, it was anything but masterful.

And yes Dringo, Nintendo/Retro did transform Samus to first person mode beautifully, otherwise it would've been the most horrible disaster in gaming history.

But the fact remains. No matter how well they work it in First Person, it'll always work better in third person, even if it;s purely on giving you the choice on how to play the game.
Fri 16/04/04 at 19:04
Regular
"8==="
I suppose there was Lylat Wars, but I never unlocked the people or tanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.