GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm thinking of buying a GameCube...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 20:25
...and I was wondering if you lot can answer some of my questions.

Which two games would you consider the best ones on the console?

Are the non-Nintendo peripherals unreliable?

Any ideas where I can find a good deal? In Argos of all places I saw a GameCube plus an extra non-Nintendo Controller and memory card, plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Zelda for £99.99.

Any good? Or can I get better?
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:47
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Double Dash challenging

Sat 17/04/04 at 13:49
Regular
Well, on Special Cup 150cc.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mirror Mode All Cup Tour took me quite a few tries, mainly because towards the end I just kept getting hit by things and coming 6th or thereabouts.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:52
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mav wrote:
> Any ideas where I can find a good deal? In Argos of all places I saw
> a GameCube plus an extra non-Nintendo Controller and memory card,
> plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Zelda for £99.99.
> >
> Any good? Or can I get better?
>
> That's as good as it gets.

Yes without going to eBay obviously.

As for the two games you get, if you are likely to play a lot of multiplayer, i'd reccommend Mario Kart: Double Dash. Also, you could get Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Mario Sunshine on platinum at a little under £20 each, they ae all great games and are worth owning.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Indeed, Mirror Mode All Cup Tour took me a few tries.. damn CPU cheating. Apart from that though, once you've learned the track layouts Double Dash is pretty easy. Sunshine on the whole is too, but there are some challenging bits. The warp levels without the FLUDD.. pure brilliance.. even if you do through your Wavebird across the room in frustration.
Sat 17/04/04 at 14:03
Regular
I've come pretty badly placed in a fair few races thanks to computer some how managing to hit me as I'm going over a jump with a Blue Shell, thus falling down and having to respawn, on the LAST STRAIGHT. But I've never lost an actual cup.

Cheating gits.
Sat 17/04/04 at 14:53
Ooooh, I didn't realise you got Majora's Mask on the disc, that's the second N64 game isn't it? I expected it to be 3 SNES games and OOT.

This question is for owners of both PS2s and GameCubes. I've never really liked FPSs on the Playstation controller, as compared to the computers intuitive control system they tend to be confusing and difficult to get into. So, is the Metroid Prime system any better?

And, this shows how ignorant I am, I never realised GameCube has platinum titles! Apart from Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine and Zelda (which will probably be my first purchase) which other titles are Platinum?

I just went on play.com and discovered Resident Evil 0 for £10. Any good?

Danke.
Sat 17/04/04 at 15:44
Regular
3 SNES games...? :-\
Sat 17/04/04 at 16:14
Whatever, I don't have a clue about Nintendo.
Sat 17/04/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Balls"
the disc comes with 2 NES games, a little video of the Zelda history, 30 min playable demo of wind waker and the 2 N64 games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.