GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm thinking of buying a GameCube...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 20:25
...and I was wondering if you lot can answer some of my questions.

Which two games would you consider the best ones on the console?

Are the non-Nintendo peripherals unreliable?

Any ideas where I can find a good deal? In Argos of all places I saw a GameCube plus an extra non-Nintendo Controller and memory card, plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Zelda for £99.99.

Any good? Or can I get better?
Fri 16/04/04 at 22:01
"I love yo... lamp."
Viewtiful Joe and F Zero GX are the two best GC games.
Fri 16/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
down wrote:

> Which two games would you consider the best ones on the
> console?

Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

> Are the non-Nintendo peripherals unreliable?

They're the only ones people ever have problems with.

> Any ideas where I can find a good deal? In Argos of all places I saw
> a GameCube plus an extra non-Nintendo Controller and memory card,
> plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Zelda for £99.99.
>
> Any good? Or can I get better?

That's as good as it gets.
Fri 16/04/04 at 22:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
What Mav said, except I think Sunshine is better than Prime, and Skies of Arcadia better than Zelda.
Fri 16/04/04 at 22:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd say Metroid (£20) or Zelda as your first game. I'd look at each and see which one appeals to you more. Metroid is cooler, Zelda is more fun but both are equally rewarding. I would choose Zelda over Metroid but you should get them both eventually.

The other game should be Mario Kart, and a Wavebird.

The Wavebird will mean that you will have two controllers (both official, and the wirey one for your friend), so that you can play Mario Kart. It is excellent.

Although it does depend on your friends

If you don't have any - Zelda and Metroid
If they aren't really into games - Mario Kart
If they like their games and have their own consoles - Mario Kart or Conflict Desert Storm, as the co-op is excellent if you have gaming friends.

And I think the deal you would get sounds good, because the Zelda disc will contain 4 zelda games plus a Windwakerdemo, so you can see if you like it. Although you'll want another official controller as 3rd party ones are all rubbish and should only be given to the friend you like the least.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i saw an advert in news of the world today saying gamestation are selling gamecubes for £79.99 with free (third party) memory card, controller and a choice of free game (from around 10). Some of the "free" games are brilliant, especially ssx3. cant remember them off the top of my head.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
Look up, does anyone see a '\' after the I of the topic title?
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:24
Regular
Yeah, I was thinking about that.

Spook-ay.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:28
Regular
"the burning sky"
Mav wrote:
> Yeah, I was thinking about that.
>
> Spook-ay.

Yes it is. Does it happen in any other topic titles?
Sat 17/04/04 at 00:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Apparently not.. weird.

By the way, SSX3 is not a brilliant game.. it's alright, 1080 is far better though.
Sat 17/04/04 at 01:15
Regular
"Balls"
Wind Waker and Skies of Arcadia are my personal faves, although alot of GC games are good, like twin snakes, Erernal darkness, super smash bros melee and final fantasy crystal chronicles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.