GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm thinking of buying a GameCube...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 20:25
...and I was wondering if you lot can answer some of my questions.

Which two games would you consider the best ones on the console?

Are the non-Nintendo peripherals unreliable?

Any ideas where I can find a good deal? In Argos of all places I saw a GameCube plus an extra non-Nintendo Controller and memory card, plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Zelda for £99.99.

Any good? Or can I get better?
Sat 17/04/04 at 01:17
Regular
Zelda: Wind Waker
Metal Gear: Twin Snakes
Resident Evil + Zero
Skies of Arcadia

I can't possibly shorten the list down to two.
Sat 17/04/04 at 01:40
Regular
"Balls"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Zelda: Wind Waker
> Metal Gear: Twin Snakes
> Resident Evil + Zero
> Skies of Arcadia

yep thats the list of games i would put (except resident evil) i would have to add Eternal Darkness
Sat 17/04/04 at 01:41
Regular
Yeah Eternal Darkness as well, forgot about that for the minute, excellent game with a great twist on the standard horror genre.
Sat 17/04/04 at 01:58
Regular
"Balls"
but for multiplayer games as everyone wants some of these (unless your a hermit) i would say Super Smash bros melee and super monkey ball 1 or 2
Sat 17/04/04 at 02:57
Regular
Metal Arms.. if you like shooting games I recommend it.
Sat 17/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
tphi wrote:
> By the way, SSX3 is not a brilliant game.. it's alright, 1080 is far
> better though.

Yup, beyond the initial "Wow!", there's not much that really appeals. It's good, just more of the same, like a more polished version of Tricky (although to be honest, I prefered Tricky) with an EA-aquired soundtrack.

1080 any day, best snowboarding game ever!
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:40
I just noticed you can get Mario Sunshine as well for only £9.99. Hmmm.

What's it like?

As a Playstation user, I've been told a LOT that it's just childish, but then again I loved Jak 2 and Ratchet and Clank, which I think are similar sorts of games, and I'm not sure whether I've just been taken in by the fanboys or it really IS simple, easy and childish.

And I've never played Zelda on a console other than Link's Awakening and The Oracle of Seasons which I loved. However a friend also loves these two games but hates The Ocarina of Time, which is likely to be the only of the four games I'm going to play to be honest, except for POSSIBLY the Windwaker Demo.

And is MarioKart any good in single player? Because I don't really see the point in buying a game you'll only really play once a week or thereabouts. The only other properly good multiplayer game I own is PES3, which happens to have a brilliant singleplayer as well.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mario Sunshine is excellent, and although it is colourful and not exactly hardcore it isn't really 'easy'. It should last you a good 25-30 hours if you like it. If you enjoy having fun while you're playing your games, then you should love it. It's no Mario 64, but it is better than Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank by about 1,000.

OOT and Majora's mask are the games that I would advise you to play on the bonus Zelda disc, and if you really fall in love with them then the Wind Waker is definitely for you.

The single player in Mario Kart has drawn me back, because there is quite a lot to unlock, and there's about 8-10 hours of gameplay on your own, and once again, if you like having fun, then you should love it. It's a timeless game that you can just have a quick blast on when you want to play something but you're not sure what.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:46
Regular
Sunshine isn't childish at all - it's pretty damn difficult in places - and Double Dash has a decent and challenging single player.
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:47
Regular
It's not a brilliant game, but it's better than Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank. If you liked them it's am ust, tell your PS2 owning friends they are retards and you hate them for their ill-informed opinions. G'wan, I dare you ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.