GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm thinking of buying a GameCube...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 20:25
...and I was wondering if you lot can answer some of my questions.

Which two games would you consider the best ones on the console?

Are the non-Nintendo peripherals unreliable?

Any ideas where I can find a good deal? In Argos of all places I saw a GameCube plus an extra non-Nintendo Controller and memory card, plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Zelda for £99.99.

Any good? Or can I get better?
Mon 19/04/04 at 20:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The GC comes with a Scart lead (not RGB scart, just vanilla), but you can buy an AV lead if you want. It's about £5, but if you don't have a scart socket in the back of your TV, you need a new TV.
You are supposed to be able to get an S-Video connection as well, but you can't actually buy it in Europe.
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Stridman™ wrote:
> PS2 = Er...i'll get back to you on that one......

PS2 = The casual gamers' console of choice......
Mon 19/04/04 at 19:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Stridman™ wrote:
> Gamecube = King of RPG and Exclusives

King of RPG? I love my purple Cube more than any other console I own.. but in no way unfortunately is it the king of RPGs. We have Skies, true. Utter class, the best RPG ever (probably) and my favourite game ever.

Apart from that.. Lost Kingdoms I and II, Baldur's Gate and Crystal Chronicles (which is crap). 5 Games.. hardly the king.

Symphonia and Baten Kaitos can't come soon enough..
Mon 19/04/04 at 16:08
Regular
The first thing to pick up is thr £15-£20 players choice range of Nintendo titles.

In other words Mario Sunshine, Pikmin and Metroid Prime to start with. I'm sure other killer titles Mario Kart and Wind Waker (the latter's pretty cheap now anyway) will sure join the range.

Of course Resi and Resi 0 are both about a tenner these days so are another set of must gets. Similary with Super Monkey Ball.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:55
Regular
": ("
Xbox = King of Online and FPS
Gamecube = King of RPG and Exclusives
PS2 = Er...i'll get back to you on that one......
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:28
Final question.

What are the connections? Does it have to be Gamecube to Scart? Or can it be to analogue?
Sun 18/04/04 at 15:19
Great, thanks for putting it simply.

Now I know why it's a tenner.
Sun 18/04/04 at 14:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you didn't like Resident Evil on the PSX, you won't like it on Gamecube.
You won't like any of them.

If you don't like them then you can be happy in the knowledge that you hold the correct opinion, because they're rubbish.
Sun 18/04/04 at 14:35
Regular
..::CGJ::.. wrote:
> Good games to start off with are Sonic DX and Mario Sunshine.

Please, don't listen to him.
Sun 18/04/04 at 14:26
Regular
The static backgrounds are there, but I don't know whether they've kept exactly the same camera angles. However, I find that the way it's done adds a whole lot more to the tension and atmosphere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.