GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Treatment of newbies. Again."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 12:08
Regular
Last night I went on a rampage on the fog, attacking some newbies because I expected more from their writings, a few minutes later, I flipped the coin, and started to help one newbie how to write decent topics.

So here is my suggestion.

In the period of time that a person is a newbie, this person is expected to LEARN how to write correctly, to make interesting topics, and not to bore us to death with console wars topics.

However. Once this person reaches the regular status, if they still continue to make useless topics and bad posts, I have nothing against attacking them. We should not expect newbies to learn so quickly, but we should not expect regulars to get away with rubbish topics.

I am, including notables in when I say regulars.

I would also like to suggest that anyone who does attack newbies instead of helping them from now on is banned from the forums. Yes, this goes for everyone too.

So, all in all:

Newbies shall be helped to reach the correct path of writing, by giving them constructive critism, and trying to help them become better writers.

Only when they reach regular status will they be expected to make good topics. THIS GOES FOR ALL REGULARS/NOTABLES WHO ARE ALREADY SO AS WELL.

If regulars/notables are found to be bullying newbies they shall be banned.

I hope that these rules can be enforced. If you believe these rules should be enforced, please state so below. If not, state, and give reasons.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:27
Regular
"Back in black"
Grix, I think you take these forums far to serious. Ant, FM, er no and sheepy all enjoy and have a laugh, brighten up and enjoy them for what they are.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:25
Regular
I knew this would happen.

Look, the newbies are new, yes? They are not expected to write amazing wonderful posts and topics. The regulars have been here a while. They ARE expected to write wonderful posts and topics.

The regulars should be better writers than the newbies. Sometimes they aren't.

The newbies should be encouraged to make better posts by the regulars.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:18
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Um...so Regulars are the ones messing up the forums now? Ban us from prime too?
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:08
Regular
To Dan2k1 and Ant.

It was only yesterday AFTER bullying newbies that it daunted on me. It's not the newbies making this place afwul, it's the regulars. I made a mistake in attacking the newbies when I came on and found the forums to be in such a mess.

I was in a bad mood yesterday. That's all there is to say.
Sat 21/07/01 at 13:03
Mi SPEG is orfall.
Sat 21/07/01 at 12:58
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
er-yes wrote:
> I think above this entry cell SR should place the message in red in
> brackets

(check your spelling and work before submitting)

or
> something like that, a friendly little message.

What do you
> think?

Dont mean to sound grumpy but this threads about Prejustice towards newbies not SPAG, start a new thread
Sat 21/07/01 at 12:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> "If regulars/notables are found to be bullying newbies they
> shall be banned"

So the rules apply after you've had your
> fun?

Heh, yeah, it seems so.
Sat 21/07/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Rendering Women."
I think above this entry cell SR should place the message in red in brackets

(check your spelling and work before submitting)

or something like that, a friendly little message.

What do you think?
Sat 21/07/01 at 12:51
Regular
it's the best way to do it!
Sat 21/07/01 at 12:49
Regular
when I submit a review I do them all on Microsoft World, so that I have a collection of good detailed work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.